after market Locking caster Wheels for silver A?

Frank H

TVWBB Gold Member
Has anyone had any luck replacing casters on a silver A with harbor freight or Home Depot wheels? I really hate to pay Weber $8 for shipping a $6 wheel.

Order them from GrillParts.com they odn't charge that much for shipping or look at Amazon Prime

Frank I have the HD ones that Jeff posted the link for, they work great and appear to be no different than what Weber used. Just pull the old ones out a bit of grease and plug the new ones in.

Not every store carries them in stock since I am in ATL my local store did not have them but one a bit further away had them.

My local HW stores didn’t have them in stock so I ordered 4 pairs at Amazon.
Shepherd Hardware 9406 2-Inch Office Chair Caster, Twin Wheel with Brake, 5/16-Inch Stem Diameter, 75lb Load Capacity, 2-Pack
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B001HYY0L8/tvwb-20

Great find Stefan not a lot more money and if you HD does not stock them a good choice, I think Bruce was having a problem finding them locally or his HD is pretty far away.

I stopped at a HD that shows 13 in stock on their web site. They didn't have any when I arrived and their inventory says they haven't ordered any since 2016 and it was a discontinued product.

I stopped at a HD that shows 13 in stock on their web site. They didn't have any when I arrived and their inventory says they haven't ordered any since 2016 and it was a discontinued product.
i had that exact experience in Natick. Ended up settling for a pair of non locking wheels. Hope I don’t regret it , they roll really easily. :confused:

i had that exact experience in Natick. Ended up settling for a pair of non locking wheels. Hope I don’t regret it , they roll really easily. :confused:

Maybe they are phasing them out I just looked at my local stores 2 had 1 in stock and 1 had 5 but you really can't trust their inventory as Bruce noted.

Why not just buy them from Amazon if you have a prime account they were not even a buck more so it can solve your problem.

You may regret not getting the locking ones my 1000 is on the deck and the locking casters keep it in the same spot.

Just ordered a set off amazon. These dont come with the leg inserts, but I have some spares.

Back