Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Cloud or Gateway??

Side note on the Fireboard. i just discovered I can use my Thermoworks Chef Alarm/Smoke Pro-Series probes with it. The cables are shorter, but I am able to multipurpose my probe collection between difference devices.

Quote Originally Posted by DBono View Post
    Hi I ordered the Fireboard.Will post back when I use it.
    Thanks Dan
    Hi All I used the Fireboard for the 1st time yesterday..When it worked it was excellent, but had problems with it losing data on my phone,.The controller was reading all the probes.It did keep the WSM 22 temps solid, the food temps were off some,may have to recalibrate the food probes? Otherwise I'm pretty happy with it. I will call Fireboard today to fix the loss data problem.
    Dan
    Shirley Fab 24 x 36 RF WSM 22--Smoky Joe Grill- Weber Hanging rack-Cajun Bandit Rotisserie-Rib O Lator-2 Mavericks 732 Thermapen KCBS Fireboard

Hi All I used the Fireboard for the 1st time yesterday..When it worked it was excellent, but had problems with it losing data on my phone,.The controller was reading all the probes.It did keep the WSM 22 temps solid, the food temps were off some,may have to recalibrate the food probes? Otherwise I'm pretty happy with it. I will call Fireboard today to fix the loss data problem.
    Dan
    Hi I called Fireboard and received excellent customer service from Steve..It made my decision to spend the extra $ and go with Fireboard a very good one. I was blown away with the Fireboard .I would do it again in a heart bit.
    Dan
    Shirley Fab 24 x 36 RF WSM 22--Smoky Joe Grill- Weber Hanging rack-Cajun Bandit Rotisserie-Rib O Lator-2 Mavericks 732 Thermapen KCBS Fireboard

Quote Originally Posted by BFletcher View Post
    I cannot speak to differences since I don't have the Cloud (I have the WiFi version just prior to the Cloud release) but both are advertised to support remote (afar) monitoring. I know my Fireboard does. The data is stored on servers that each respective vendor manages (I think).
    Hi With Fireboard do I HAVE to be in a spot that has Wifi? I don't understand this Wifi or Blue Tooth stuff.I do have the Fireboard with the fan cable. I'v only used it once just around the house It did keep pit temps in WSM very good.
    Thanks Dan

Hi With Fireboard do I HAVE to be in a spot that has Wifi?
    I'm not an expert but when you are using it at your house I believe you are connecting from the FB controller to your phone App via WiFi after your FB is associated with your home network [router]. When you drive across town your App and FB will connect via their servers from your cell service or a "borrowed" WiFi service that you connect to.

Quote Originally Posted by BFletcher View Post
    I'm not an expert but when you are using it at your house I believe you are connecting from the FB controller to your phone App via WiFi after your FB is associated with your home network [router]. When you drive across town your App and FB will connect via their servers from your cell service or a "borrowed" WiFi service that you connect to.
    Hi I think I got it working good now.It/Fireboard finally accepted my router password and connected. Stil testing it out, I did loose connection and had to reenter my router password which is a MPIA!!
    I took Fireboard out to lunch with me and the temps kept on showing. Hope it keeps working.
    Thanks Dan

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234