Weber Genesis Silver C - $50 deal?

BillSmith

TVWBB Pro
I'm checking out this NG grill that appears to be in good condition. I believe it's a Weber Genesis Silver C. The seller is asking $50. Is it a good deal or should I haggle?
7Kp44di.jpg

Is there anything I should know about this model? I currently have a Genesis 1300. I wonder if the parts are interchangeable with this.

I'm starting to get the collecting bug. Each day, I check Craigslist/Letgo to find a good deal.

Grates and hood are interchangeable. That's about it. If the internals are decent $50 is a steal. Yes it is a Silver C BTW. It also has the coveted wire rack lower shelf so it's a winner

I think its a very good deal.

Anything under $75 for something complete in good, working shape is a good deal.
I couldn't use that one because it is NG.

Like you, I check the sites at least once a day just to see what is out there.

That might be a replacement hood as it doesn't say "Genesis Silver" - which may be a good thing.

If you pick it up, I'd like to see the model number. It might be a Genesis Gold that had the stainless lid replaced under warranty.

I couldn't use that one because it is NG.

Definitely can be a plus or minus at times. On CL, there's less competition for me when a NG unit surfaces. The downside is that they're rarely in the stores (need to be special ordered) and it's harder to find parts.

That might be a replacement hood as it doesn't say "Genesis Silver" - which may be a good thing.

If you pick it up, I'd like to see the model number. It might be a Genesis Gold that had the stainless lid replaced under warranty.

Will report my findings. Will be seeing after work on Thursday.

Good call. Could be wrong, but didn't the Silver C only come with a left hand flip up shelf, whereas the Gold C had both ?

At any rate, if the frame is in good shape, that's a steal no matter what the internals look like.

That was my first reaction, too. I think it was a Gold and, for whatever reason, the stainless hood insert was replaced with a porcelain one. Looks very nice to me. I would think that is a very good deal if the insides are halfway decent.

Grab it. This is mine, I think it started as a Gold C. I still have the stainless lid but I liked this look better.

Pat that grill with the Red Lid looks unbelievable nice look against the gray tables and the stainless trim piece really nice job.

Pat,

Brian is right. I have noticed your post of that grill before. It is a beautiful and striking contrast...very cool!

OK, now for one final TVWBB touch: you just need to spray some high-heat red into a Dixie cup, get out an artist brush and paint the kettle in the logo red:eek:!

1zlx9tv.jpg

These colored hoods look so much better than the SS hoods. Plus they don't have that inferior inner liner. I want to replace mine too soon once I am done with the other project grills.

One other thing to at least consider: The porcelain hoods without liners have one ugly fault, at least in my mind. That is the way that accumulated carbon builds up in sheets looking like peeling paint. It is, you would have to admit, a bit of a pain to keep up with. I think the reason Weber went to putting liners on all of their hoods is that the metal used does not seem susceptible to that. Yes, they get dirty but not with pealing carbon sheets. Of course, in the end they tend to rust out and perhaps in the long run aren't worth it. I think I have noticed that the newest grills do allow you to remove (and presumably replace) the liner. The older liners seem to have all been spot welded.

That could be. Once I learned what it was though I looked at those carbon sheets as badges of honor showing I used my grills

Well, I will be checking out the grill tonight after work. If it looks good, then I'll have to figure out how to take it apart in order to fit into my wife's CRV. I have done this once before. Basically take out the bars, burner tubes and manifold. Then detach the firebox from the frame. This way I can get everything inside the CRV. Wish me luck!

Back