Thai Curry Beef Roll

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Saw this recipe and wanted to give it a try on game day. Problem was, I missed a lot of game time with the prep but it was worth it. Sided it up with a rice noodle salad that included fresh ginger, jalapeno, serrano, carrots and cucumbers. Some Thai oils and seasonings as well. Here's the pic's.

I used a pound and a half of this.

enhance

Sliced it in half horizontally and folded flap back and pounded. Spread red curry paste on the meat.

enhance

Salted and spread on some chopped peanuts. Started on left with fresh cilantro.

enhance

Completed the stuffing with alternate portions green onions and small halved cherry tomatoes.

enhance

I was a little apprehensive about making the roll, but it came out fine.

enhance

Got it over a two zone fire and seared all sides.

enhance

enhance

Then moved roll over to the indirect side for around 25 minutes.

enhance

enhance

enhance

Gave it about a 10 minute rest.

enhance

Sliced.

enhance

Plated with the noodles.

enhance

The beef roll and the noodles were fantastic. Wonderful flavors in both. I was pleased with this cook and will certainly do it again down the road. Hope you all had a great weekend. Thanks you all for looking.

Phenomenal cook and photos, Cliff! Sure wish I would have been pulling up a chair to that dinner plate.

Great looking plate of food Cliff. I have some curry paste laying around. I'm going to have to teach myself how to tie up a steak. Thanks for sharing.

Looks terrific Cliff, I can see why you missed a lot of the game and why you said it was worth it.

I have to admit that I’m always impressed with a really well tied piece of meat, your Flank Steak roll, Mildo and his almost artistic chicken “Ballotin” style using the Jacques Pepin method. There is doing it and then there’s making it look good, you guys “get it”! Inspirational!
I have not done one that small, I have done a whole one and asked for the butcher to run it through the tenderizer (twice) made an interesting stuffing with peppers, mushrooms, garlic and onion then trussed and grilled but, that’s been a while. Way out of practice with twine science!

Last edited:

Back