My new Weber Genesis II E-410

Brian Trommater

TVWBB Super Fan
I have my new grill for few weeks now. It just does not do steaks as good as my old Silver B. Not getting hot enough. It does chicken very well though. I preheat 2 burners for 15 minutes. The one I did yesterday was kinda of grey outside. I cook med rare. I may have to just spring for the grillgrates I guess. My 2002 is still a good grill but put in shed and planned to give away. Now I tempted to try sell this one and it bring back out. I mostly just use gas for quick meals.

I have my new grill for few weeks now. It just does not do steaks as good as my old Silver B. Not getting hot enough. It does chicken very well though. I preheat 2 burners for 15 minutes. The one I did yesterday was kinda of grey outside. I cook med rare. I may have to just spring for the grillgrates I guess. My 2002 is still a good grill but put in shed and planned to give away. Now I tempted to try sell this one and it bring back out. I mostly just use gas for quick meals.

Why are you only using 50% of the grill's power and than complaining about a "lack of power"? All the gimmicks in the world will not make that magically better. You need to get all 4 burners going until that whole thing is screaming hot. You can than get your steak on the grill and maybe turn one or 2 burners down or perhaps off but I don't recommend fully turning them off. You have the burners use them

I'm sorry but did not realize needed all burners on to heat half the grill. I did not have to turn on all my burners on my Silver B. I guess it needs them all since it a bigger grill. Will try that next time. Learning curve for new grill.

Last edited:
Grills should always be pre heated at full power. Also another thing to chew on. If you only turned on 2 burners on your Silver B you had 67% coverage and power. If you turn on 2 in your 410 you only have 50% coverage and power. Anyway trying to warm the grill up to speed is never going to happen at 50% power. The average car requires only about 15 hp to maintain 65 mph but you would not dare drive a 15 hp car because it would never GET TO 65 mph

Thanks. I was getting pretty disappointed. I have been a very happy Weber customer for very long time. I have several Weber grills. Most 20 years old and still going. Really did not need this grill but could not pass up the price. My silver B is still a very good grill.

Grills should always be pre heated at full power. Also another thing to chew on. If you only turned on 2 burners on your Silver B you had 67% coverage and power. If you turn on 2 in your 410 you only have 50% coverage and power. Anyway trying to warm the grill up to speed is never going to happen at 50% power. The average car requires only about 15 hp to maintain 65 mph but you would not dare drive a 15 hp car because it would never GET TO 65 mph

Let us know how Larry’s recommendation works out for you. I think it will make a big difference.

Yes, the Silver B is a very nice grill. I gave my old one up to buy the then new 330SE. Then I went back to using a Silver last year. It was like coming home:). Not to be controversial, but I personally have found that GrillGrates adds some nice punch and more consistent results on the Silver I have now.

zti6bn.jpg

Let us know how Larry’s recommendation works out for you. I think it will make a big difference.

Yes, the Silver B is a very nice grill. I gave my old one up to buy the then new 330SE. Then I went back to using a Silver last year. It was like coming home:). Not to be controversial, but I personally have found that GrillGrates adds some nice punch and more consistent results on the Silver I have now.

Honestly this is getting worse than listening to sidewalk preachers or reformed drunks/prostitutes :D

Back