How to remove push nuts from Weber logo?

Stefan H

TVWBB Guru
I have three hoods from older Genesis Silver/1000 where the logo is mounted with push nuts. What is the easiest way to get these off? I want to remove the logos for painting.

Paging Dr. Bruce!....
I was just thinking about some serious tweaking of my emblem on the “Bugs Bunny” maroon Genny.
Think about it.... now, stop laughing and give us the skinny on safe removal!
You guys all just crack me up!

Last edited:
I do it a couple different ways.

I clean up around the badge pins and use a single edge razor blade to pry up on the edge of the clip. Then I use a pair of side cutters to cut off the clip.
I also have gently tapped on the badge pins outward with a small hammer and got them off that way.

Jeff

I clean up around the badge pins and use a single edge razor blade to pry up on the edge of the clip. Then I use a pair of side cutters to cut off the clip.
I also have gently tapped on the badge pins outward with a small hammer and got them off that way.

Jeff
So, backhammer gently and lift the badge? Possibly replacing clips if damaged, cool.
Must have been typing close to the same time!
Maybe I should just order a replacement badge.... I find I have things break at the worst possible moment!

Tim,
I have done 6-7 badges and haven't broken one yet, just take it easy.

The badge clips are like .15 cents each at most hardware stores.
XA5G0ji.jpg

Jeff

Jeff

Thanks. I will try that.

Tim,
I have done 6-7 badges and haven't broken one yet, just take it easy.

The badge clips are like .15 cents each at most hardware stores.
XA5G0ji.jpg

Jeff

That looks exactly like the nuts and bolt selection drawers from my go-to HW store for any weird nuts and bolts. Aka Elliot’s hardware.

Just carefully cut them off. I use a little RTV gasket maker behind the badge. It sticks perfectly well, does not mar the finish and when you want it off again it's easy peasy just put a plastic putty knife behind it and lift it off. Scrape the adhesive and do it again. No need to mess with those dumb little clips

Just carefully cut them off. I use a little RTV gasket maker behind the badge. It sticks perfectly well, does not mar the finish and when you want it off again it's easy peasy just put a plastic putty knife behind it and lift it off. Scrape the adhesive and do it again. No need to mess with those dumb little clips

RTV is a great idea, LMichaels. Spoken like a man who I know has used it in automotive applications.
I am about to refurbish my Silver A badge, I'll have to try that.

In another life I was a mechanic. Got out of the business mid 70's. The materials we have today are things I only dreamed about way back then

I use the RTV method and it works great. My Green Genesis 2000 I used RTV on it about four years ago and still holding great.

Back