Yet another power supply question

JKalchik

TVWBB Gold Member
In spite of having built the pocket in my smoker as wide as I could, it's a very tight fit with an inline barrel power connector. A right angle connector would make for a nice comfortable fit. I have a 1A supply with a right angle connector, but it just plain just doesn't deliver enough power to the fan & damper assembly.

Does anybody have a part number, link, URL, etc. for a good 12V 2A supply with a right angle barrel connector? It'd be a bonus if the transformer wart is on the AC end instead of in the middle of the cord.

I have the same problem. Made the shelf as wide as possible. I may see if I can find a 90 deg. end and cut the wires and solder a new one on. or something like THIS could work.

Last edited:
Gee, you & I having the same issue? Really? Say it ain't so.....

I'd contemplated finding a pigtail, just like that, but it'd be just my luck to have the inline connector separate. I guess I could tie it into a loop to take the strain off the connection. It'd certainly be the cheaper option.

In addition, I think I'm gonna design some sort of case that has all the connections in the front. Probably have to wire all the connections to panel mount, but I think it can be done.

Back