Red Head Spruce Up

Bobby Segars

TVWBB Super Fan
My 1000 was looking tired so I figured I would give my Red Head a little love. Bought some new cedar, resprayed the frame, cook box and end caps with ultra high heat satin krylon, put some new black knobs and black igniter switch cover, scrubbed the lid with simple green, replaced all the bolts with stainless steel. The handle is a home made one. Hope u guys like it.

Bobby

http://imgur.com/gallery/MfNSmTD

Looks really good! I like the black knobs, that may be something I need to look at getting for my grill.
The tank cover looks really good with it also.

My 1000 was looking tired so I figured I would give my Red Head a little love. Bought some new cedar, resprayed the frame, cook box and end caps with ultra high heat satin krylon, put some new black knobs and black igniter switch cover, scrubbed the lid with simple green, replaced all the bolts with stainless steel. The handle is a home made one. Hope u guys like it.

Bobby

http://imgur.com/gallery/MfNSmTD

Bobby,
That one looks extra nice. Great job for sure! It looks like a whole group of us are getting on the black knob and tank cover bandwagon:D! Did you notice the question posted on your photo share about the “purpose” of the tank cover? Are you going to have the heart to tell them that it really has no purpose at all but to look cool:cool:?!!!

Now you just need to paint the kettle in the logo badge red and you can also join our “red kettle club”.:eek:

Jon

Last edited:
Bobby,
That one looks extra nice. Great job for sure! It looks like a whole group of us are getting on the black knob and tank cover bandwagon:D! Did you notice the question posted on your photo share about the “purpose” of the tank cover? Are you going to have the heart to tell them that it really has no purpose at all but to look cool:cool:?!!!

Now you just need to paint the kettle in the logo badge red and you can also join our “red kettle club”.:eek:

Jon
Lol! Yeah Jon I told them it was only for looks. I thought about painting the "Kettle" but that may come later.

Bobby

WOW! Fantastic work. That's what I'm working on right now. I definitely need the black knobs and tank cover since my Redhead Jr. has the black knobs.
Well done sir!

I would pay cash money for that workmanship on the handle in oak. I would even send you a plank to use. Wow! Great job!

Back