This is out of my realm of knowledge need some advice please

Rich Dahl

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Well I've driven to Los Vegas for a grill and to Phoenix numerous time for grills both of which are hundred's of miles round trip.
This is one is literally one block from my house. I don't even know what model it is! It's an NG, but appears to be in very good condition. I'm thinking if I could get it for $50 I could sit on it through the winter and try and flip it in the spring. So anyone have any opinions on this style of Weber before I go look at it.
Any and all information would be appreciated

https://prescott.craigslist.org/for/d/weber-gas-bbq-grill-for-sale/6685018486.html

Last edited:
Rich,
After Weber introduced the larger 2007 grill, they used the frame and firebox from the earlier Genesis Silvers B to make a three burner Spirit grill. Trim is more plain but it is the same otherwise as a Genesis Silver B.

Rich,
After Weber introduced the larger 2007 grill, they used the frame and firebox from the earlier Genesis Silvers B to make a three burner Spirit grill. Trim is more plain but it is the same otherwise as a Genesis Silver B.

Thanks Jon, Don't know if you looked at the pictures but it sure wouldn't take much to make it super clean and no investment. Even if I only got a $100 for it I'd double my money.

Yes, it really does look extra nice.

If you have leftover Silver parts you could also upgrade the side tray(s) to the Genesis look, but it is already a nice grill as is.

Jon

My BIL has that exact grill, NG and all. It's a steal at that price. Same guts as the old Genesis models.

That is a very nice grill...even the cabinet looks rust free! Just make that thing look prettier and you could probably triple your money (if you got it for $50).

I will mention that it's not made in the USA, but I've rehabbed a couple of the 2-burner versions and I find the quality to be comparable.

I will mention that it's not made in the USA, but I've rehabbed a couple of the 2-burner versions and I find the quality to be comparable.

I guess they probably shipped their old frame mfg equipment to China. Sad, but that model does still seem up to par as you note. That may not go for some of the Spirits that followed. Some of them looked much less well made. I know people criticize the newest offerings, but I think the Spirit II is an improvement over the ones from five years ago.

I'm pretty sure that it was the next model of Spirit that got shipped off to China for manufacture.

I'd jump all over that. As stated, it's basically a rebadged 2005ish Genny Silver B. Main thing to watch for is rust on the left crossbar as well as the bottom pan of the cabinet.

I'm pretty sure that it was the next model of Spirit that got shipped off to China for manufacture.

Dave, I've rehabbed 2 of these Genesis-lookin' Spirit 2-burners and have also parted out a similar looking 3-burner. Made in China. Trust me.

Today I went over to look at the spirt 300 and it was like new. No rust or corrosion. I offered him $50 and he took it.
I virtually don't have to do a thing to flip it. I'll cover it up and wait till spring.
Anyone know if a silver B manifold will fit it?
Thanks everyone for responding with all the information you provided.

44673872812_29f67c9694_z.jpg
[/url]100_3883 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

44723154341_85fd7dd72a_z.jpg
[/url]100_3885 by Richard Dahl, on Flickr[/IMG]

Couldn’t have happened to a nicer guy!

Thanks Tim, I was thinking of playing around with it and doing some mix and match with Silver b parts and make a frankengrill but when I mentioned it to Barb I got the look that only a wife can give that says "I don't think you're going to put unnecessary money into a grill at this time of the year" We have house insurance, both car insurance, both car license Etc. all due by the end of November. Plus the holidays.

Congrats, Rich.

Can you please open the right side cabinet door, look on the side panel on the right, and take a photo of the sticker that should have the model number/serial number/country of manufacture?

Congrats, Rich.

Can you please open the right side cabinet door, look on the side panel on the right, and take a photo of the sticker that should have the model number/serial number/country of manufacture?

Went out to take the picture but the sticker is gone just some glue where it was...sorry.

Last edited:
If you can flip it as is, why did you ask about the manifold?

That was put on here before I mentioned the idea to Barb (see post 16). If I could find a LP manifold cheap it would make it easier to flip.

Back