WSM Makeover

James J

TVWBB Super Fan
My 18 is getting a makeover today...
From now on I'll be using the high heat method on this one!

42871954100_c924556540.jpg

Looks great James, ChuckO would love that paint scheme also...just don't let him put in near the back fence.

You know people would pay for that kind of art work right? Seriously you should be proud, very nice work!!!!

James J.
I am seriously JEALOUS!! I am not one for much "Bling". However, you have Got me! I LOVE it!!

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

I've thought about this so many times but have never pulled the trigger out of concern for how the paint will hold up. What kind of paint was used? I'd love to see photos showing how the paint stands up with use.

Very cool work, by the way. :wsm:

Thanks for the compliments!
The paint is from House of Kolor. Heat was a factor, but the major concern was protecting the graphics since a typical clear coat could not be applied to the baked enamel. A high performance sealer has been applied by hand which can withstand high heat and can even be used on engines. Only a few cooks, but so far everything has held up. I'll keep you posted...

Thanks for the compliments!
The paint is from House of Kolor. Heat was a factor, but the major concern was protecting the graphics since a typical clear coat could not be applied to the baked enamel. A high performance sealer has been applied by hand which can withstand high heat and can even be used on engines. Only a few cooks, but so far everything has held up. I'll keep you posted...

Is it accurate to say that these are non-high heat paints applied to the surface and then covered with a heat-resistant sealer? When you say "applied by hand" does that mean sprayed on just the painted areas or the entire cooker?

Back