Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My Q300 - Showoff before I sell it

Lots of criticism here on my photos apparently.

I didn't want to make anything other than $150 on this grill - and I did, and am quite happy with that.
    I am not so sure that I could have made another $50 on it.

I wanted the grill off of my deck and out of my life, as I've moved on to literally bigger and better grills.

The photos posted and detailed ad I posted sold the grill in less than 18 hours.
    I think I did ok.

Let's all move on, eh?

EDIT: And I mean that with all due respect to Tim and to Dave - I understand your points, but I wasn't looking for a big money sale of some grill I spent 40 hours on.
    I was looking to sell a Q that I had grilled with for 7 years and that just needed a "quick detailing" to get posted.
    If I didn't have so many family commitments, I might have been able to spend more time, take better pictures, etc., but on this one I did not.

Hopefully on my Silver A I have for sale soon, I will have a bit more time to be a better photo salesman.
    Last edited by Ryan RS in Mass; 09-24-2018 at 07:31 AM.
    Redhead 1000 - "Keeper" | $10 Greenhead 1000LX | Silver A Freebie - For Sale Soon | Silver B @ the Summer Place "Cape Grill"

Ryan: I dont think anyone was trying to be critical. But a lot of us rehab grills and resell them. We tend to pay a lot more attention to the presentation than someone who is just trying to get a few bucks for something they don't have much use for. No one is trying to criticize you, but rather just looking at the sale from a little different perspective.

Good luck with the Silver A. We will all be looking forward to some photos on that one as well.
    Some people rescue dogs and cats. I rescue Webers.

Ryan, for sure, no disrespect intended. As long as you are happy, thats all that matters. I have no idea
    the amount of flipping you do, and everyone does it for different reasons. This is the ONLY site that I discuss
    flipping in any way, shape or form, and that is only because there seems to be a fair amount of us here. I also
    discourage the topic when it is mentioned of my Genesis page.
    E330 1997 Genesis 1000 Blue Performer wsm22 :wsm18: :wsm14: 1983 Red Head Chiefs NFL Edition

Dave and Bruce, I understand no disrespect intended. I intend none either, but I'd like to note that despite imperfect photos, I did sell the grill, quickly and easily and to a happy customer who sent me some photos a few hours ago.

As for flipping, I'm all for it, and hope to engage in it, but if you consider that I used this grill for 7 years before catching Weber-itis, I wasn't really flipping it so much as moving on.

Now the Silver A I've been using for about a month, but that will be more of a flip than this Q was because I am going to re-clean the firebox, grates, and flavorizers before I list it.

I will take everyone's photo suggestions into account, but would like to note that I do a lot of buying and selling on Craigslist and already knew these things.
    I wish my house looked cleaner and didn't have tires alongside it, but my roommate makes money selling car parts on ebay and isn't big on keeping his inventory organized, so those things frequently find themselves in my photos.
    No negative effects on sales yet.
    Redhead 1000 - "Keeper" | $10 Greenhead 1000LX | Silver A Freebie - For Sale Soon | Silver B @ the Summer Place "Cape Grill"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12