Thread: My winter project

My winter project

5000 i picked up in McHenry IL full restore once the snow flys.

TVWBB Fan
    Sweet. Can't wait to see the finished product. Is there some sort of extra knob next to the igniter?
    Last edited by Dave in KC; 09-14-2018 at 08:36 AM.
    E330 1997 Genesis 1000 Blue Performer wsm22 :wsm18: :wsm14: 1983 Red Head Chiefs NFL Edition

Yup its the flame check button. Safety feature that would turn the gas off if the flame went out.

TVWBB Super Fan
    Nice. Looks really solid.
    Genesis Gold C, Performer, 22" Kettle, 18" WSM and always several old gassers under restoration.

Only real rust issue is the drip pan which is shot. Everything else is in good shape including the wood. The right side table and the serving tray is also there.

TVWBB Emerald Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    Why does this seem to happen with some frequency everywhere but wherever I am! That looks like a great winter project. Is that the NG model? I see the longer hose, just curious.
    I would really like to have one with a side burner. A Skyline with a Sidewinder would be the apex of my Weberitis! After the help I got from Bruce, I think I understand much better the process of real restoration if you’re lucky enough to find one that really just needs some TLC, like my maroon Genny.
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

Looks like a beautiful start for a project.

Good luck with it and keep us posted with photos of the progress!
    Silver A Fixed-Up Freebie | Silver B "Cape Grill" Minor Refurb | Q300 (For Sale Soon) | Silver B Freebie Parts/Fix/We'll See

Nice! I love those wheels, been searching for some like that but they are not available anywhere.
    Performer Deluxe(Copper) Genesis Gold B(Redhead) 18WSM 14WSM 26 OTG 22 OTG JJ Q1200 Gas & Charcoal Go Anywhere, Vortex, Kettle Pizza, Smoke

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    What a great winter project, nice score.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."