Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: GENESIS E-320 NG BLK will only heat up to 450, is this normal?

I might have an e310 manifold if that helps. But I am out of town until Monday

Any chance the thermometer is defective?

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    Any chance the thermometer is defective?
    He claims he checked it with an over thermometer also. It was my thought initially too. I cannot see why something so simple could be so much trouble.

I was thinking thermometer too but yes an oven thermometer was used as a backup, so probably the temperature measurement is correct.
    Last edited by THyde; Yesterday at 06:19 AM.

I agree, this simple grill has been a pain in the A$$. Hoping it will be fixed soon. I'll let everyone know. I took the manifold off last night, removed the valves, removed the fittings and tried to shake anything inside loose, nothing came out, then I took an air hose and blew it out, still nothing. I then reassembled but changed the order of the valves to burner tubes, making the #1 the #2, the #2 the #3, and the #3 the #1.

Nothing different. This is on high start and after 15 minutes will achieve 425 with out flavor bars inside. Using orifice sized to a #45, double checked with a pin gage for accuracy of size. Reading from the hood temp gauge is 350, reading inside using stand alone oven temp gauge was 425. On a side note, I was doing some backing in my oven and validated the stand alone temp gauge with my house oven.

To me, the flames look low, when I turn the control knobs to medium and low, the flames adjust down. It just seems like they are low and starving for for fuel. Maybe the new manifold and valves will finally fix this.

Last edited by MDCurtis; Yesterday at 08:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce View Post
    I might have an e310 manifold if that helps. But I am out of town until Monday
    Thank you for the offer, I really appreciate it, but I just ordered a replacement. I will update the forum with my results as I believe this kind of troubleshooting helps others that have issues. Really cool of you to offer though and thank you again!

Have you messed around with the air shutters? BTW those burners look new. Are they OEM or aftermarket? The flames almost look like the air shutters are too far open. On an OEM burner they are always only about 3mm open (3/16") I have found when they have been messed with if they're open much more than that the flames look like those do. If you have messed with them try closing them down. Though with the jets hogged out you may get some very high and dirty flames

The burners are new, Weber brand, removed from the box myself. Yes, I had adjusted the air shutters for the best flame. I readjusted all 3 to 3/16" and did a preheat cycle. After 15 minutes, hood temp gauge was 325 and internal temp gauge was at 375.

Not high or dirty flames, just not very hot.

TVWBB Member
    Wow, what a mystery. I guess replacing the manifold is the only thing left to try. When you do expect to receive the new one?

Honestly I still think it's the tank(s). Try exchanging one at an exchange place for a different one (hopefully refilled from a different source). I still sat tank and or regulator. I seriously doubt this is a manifold issue (but who knows) at this point

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123