Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Silver Summit A cover - suggestions?

TVWBB Pro
    I agree with Jon probably as close as you are going to get. Its 44 the other 36 get a neighbor or your wife to hem it like a dress custom fit the height. If nobody has a sewing machine my local dry cleaner takes up pants sure they could do this easily if you told them how many inches to shorten it.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian B Atlanta View Post
    I agree with Jon probably as close as you are going to get. Its 44 the other 36 get a neighbor or your wife to hem it like a dress custom fit the height. If nobody has a sewing machine my local dry cleaner takes up pants sure they could do this easily if you told them how many inches to shorten it.
    Cool idea, Brian!
    Genesis Platinum Silver C Q1200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22s Black '74 18, SJ. Projects: Skyline & 2 many others!

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Tofte View Post
    Unfortunately, you have a grill that wasn't sold in droves and is now kind of old. So, to find a cover SPECIFIC or CUSTOM FITTED to that grill is going to be a very big challenge. I would again say that since it is a symmetrical grill, if you find an aftermarket cover that is for that approximate dimension you should be pretty close. But, if - as it sounds - you have to have an exact fit than I guess you will just have to keep scanning eBay. One might hopefully pop up.

I could also endorse KingKong and would think that one of their covers would sure be close. Based on the dimensions that I can find for the 4-burner older Summit, I think this one (or the Weber equivalent) would fit pretty well:

https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/A...FVKKFM/tvwb-20
    You are right those are almost the exact original dimensions. Thanks. The 44 inches isn't a big deal since its still off the ground by a few inches. I may have checked it last night though - don't remember. The silver summit A has a shorter box than the current line of grills.

I also thought of having the cover altered. I didn't want to pay the extra money to do that although as you say its possible.
    Last edited by J Sheriff; 09-13-2018 at 03:41 PM.

TVWBB Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by J Sheriff View Post
    You are right those are almost the exact original dimensions. Thanks. The 44 inches isn't a big deal since its still off the ground by a few inches. I may have checked it last night though - don't remember. The silver summit A has a shorter box than the current line of grills.

I also thought of having the cover altered. I didn't want to pay the extra money to do that although as you say its possible.
    Here is the Weber Cover I have for my 1000 its only a few more bucks than the Kong however the Kong gives you some tongs, a grill brush and a therm which is probably useless. If you want the Weber than I bought from this seller very satisfied I like the new material very breathable and I live in ATL also and yes you need to cover it or wake up in the morning and see puddles all over your grill. This cover is the same size as the Kong by the way so it needs to be taken up.

The storage bag which buy the way I cut mine off store some stuff in it leave it on my bottom wire shelf. Obviously if you have it altered you will need to cut it off also but that,s no loss IMO. It is going to fade be aware of that down here no way around it Rich has the Kong maybe holds up better with the color but only he can answer that, mine is in direct sun till about 2 in the afternoon till it moves to the front of the house.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Weber-7107-G...53.m1438.l2649
    Last edited by Brian B Atlanta; 09-13-2018 at 04:04 PM.

TVWBB Emerald Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    I got a King Kong for my silver B and the tongs are actually pretty darned good, gave the thermometer to my BIL, I already had three. I’m probably going to order another for the maroon Genny I just spruced up if I can’t shoehorn it into the garage for winter.
    Wife’s son has my silver B on extended loan and I hope they use the cover! Last time I was over there it was wadded up on the swing!
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

TVWBB Pro
    Tim, I had bought a performer cover non Weber and it had the tongs I agree they work great use them all the time so that is for sure worth a few bucks. If you need a new grill brush that's a plus also not sure about the quality but who knows they may be buying them from the same place Weber does. The Weber cover for the performer was just to pricey for me I wanted it but the performer is at my pool level covered by a roof which is my kitchen kick out so its not getting rained on anyway I just like my stuff covered.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12