The Virtual Weber Bullet The Virtual Weber Bullet
TVWB Homepage TVWB Product Info TVWB Cooking Topics TVWB Operating Tips & Mods TVWB Videos TVWB Resources TVWB Shopping

Thread: 22" with wheels and ash catcher (i.e., combined spare middle section with an OTG)

TVWBB Super Fan

22" with wheels and ash catcher (i.e., combined spare middle section with an OTG)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/ANR7V3cpBVFoxynr7

Not really a mod, but I had a spare WSM mid section in my garage (circa 2018) and was trying to figure out what to do with it. This morning while at Target, I saw a floor model 22" OTG on sale for $75, so I picked it up. Turns out, the WSM midsection fits quite well in between the kettle lid and base.

Truth be told, it looks like a great setup and I can't wait to try it out!
    Last edited by Pinny; 09-09-2018 at 01:22 PM.
    OTS 22.5" WSM 18.5" SJP (18.5") Q 300 ....sounds like some sort of secret code

Hey Pinny.Nice to see you back on the boards!

Tim
    Different smokes for different folks. Wish the Dollar Store sold gas!

TVWBB Diamond Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    I like the concept! I think I will start keeping my eyes open for a curbside 18”! Interesting idea.
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

Thanks for the encouragement. I found a 18.5 mid section on another forum here, along with an 18.5 kettle. The mid section fits great in the bowl, but either the lid or the mid section is a bit out of round.

It needs new grates, and legs, so I have to price it out if it cheaper to buy a new 18 or the parts needed. But is nice to see it done, gives me hope...lol
    Green Gen3 Performer Platinum OneTouch Silver Genesis Silver