New source for grates and flavorizors

Greg, what I like about those is they are clearly saying they are 304 stainless. What Jon and Bruce have bought seem to be happy with them are these
https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0798LMYGY/tvwb-20

Cheaper by 10 bucks but they do not claim to be 304 they claim to be non-magnetic which I had bought a set of stainless GBS grates for my performer and they did not specify 304 either we kind of figured out they were 204 which are non-magnetic also and the GBS grates were the same brand as the ones that Bruce and Jon bought. Not sure how much a difference that makes down the road for the price on the performer no big deal compared to the crappy Weber Steel grates probably last 4 times as long and they were like 25 bucks.

Bob in my thread laid out what 204 is as none of us had a clue. By the way so far so good on the GBS grates on the performer need a few years to go buy to see how they hold up.

https://tvwbb.com/showthread.php?73959-Stainless-Steel-Gourmet-Grate-Amazon-for-my-Performer

It doesn't look like they make bars or grates for the Silver series or Genesis 1000-5000 series grills. Bummer.

strike that, I see the grates fit the silvers and 1000's as well as the flavo bars.

If anyone buys any of these, please post back on the quality with some photos if possible.

Last edited:
Brian i had never heard of the 204 stainless they say they use for the flavorizors either.

Brian i had never heard of the 204 stainless they say they use for the flavorizors either.

Never heard of 204 either but guessing a lot of these knockoff grates that do not state 304 are really 204 whether they last the same really do not know but they are not magnetic also so my guess is if they don't state they are 304 then they are 204. For ten bucks if it was a keeper I would go with the ones you listed the spacing does not bother me at all no different than the Weber $79 grates my steak, portobello mushrooms. chicken and pork tenderloins aren't falling thru the grates I do not do fish on my grill nor do I do small shrimp or vegetables, for others that may be an issue so the grate spacing to me means nothing.

I ordered a set of the Qulimetal FBs and am impressed by the value. For the record, I have tried several different kinds, ranging from RCP to RiversEdge to Hongso to Bar.B.Q.S.

The Qulimetal ones are indeed non-magnetic and appear to free of sharp edges. Here's a comparsion picture when photographed next to an 18-gauge stainless Weber FB:

43876611224_3fed003e17_b.jpg

Wow, those do look like quality flavorizer bars. 16 gauge is the same that RCP uses.

Last edited:
Good to know if the guy with the RC's grates on Craigslist does not get back to me going to buy a set of these grates for the new Redhead build.

BTW someone on one thread (not sure which) was asking about the heavy Weber 3/8" stainless rod grates if they're magnetic or not. The sets I have are not. Though they came off old school Summit grills (400 series from pre 2004 or so)

If you look at the product descriptions the grates are advertised as 304 stainless. But the flavorizers are listed as 204 stainless. Not sure but I would imagine the 204 is lower quality. But being so thick I would think those flavorizers would still last a long time.

Looking at the various properties of the two grades, it seems like they are pretty similar. In fact, it looks like the 204 is better in some categories.
How this all relates to performance and longevity in a gas grill, I am not certain, but it seems to indicate that the 204 is not a significantly lower quality SS. Maybe someone with a back ground in metals can sum it all up in "english" for us common folk.

https://www.makeitfrom.com/compare/AISI-204-S20400-Stainless-Steel/Annealed-304-Stainless-Steel

I think I originally had a typo it would be 201 not 204, Bruce in the thread I posted above Bob had a link also explaining the differences. Not sure it makes any difference for flavorizer bars especially that thick that JK posted. It cheaper than 304 harder to work with but actually seems to be slightly stronger but can't be used for structures exposed to salt air so maybe near the beach not so good.

I hope another Metal guy chimes in also.

Qulimetal on the left, Uniflasy on the right:

44748006141_3e2869a35c_b.jpg

The price difference this month has been $8-10 between the set (w/ the Qulimetal set costing more).

With the Qulimetal ones, you get 3 extra north/south rods and 1 extra east/west rods per grate. I have to say that the Qulimetal ones look very good.

JK thanks for posting those pics. So not only do the Qulimetal ones have more bars they are the proper length well worth the extra 8-10 bucks.

For tighter spacing and better support well worth $8.00. I'm all about tight spacing LOL hate losing stuff between the rods

Qulimetal on the left, Uniflasy on the right:

44748006141_3e2869a35c_b.jpg

The price difference this month has been $8-10 between the set (w/ the Qulimetal set costing more).

With the Qulimetal ones, you get 3 extra north/south rods and 1 extra east/west rods per grate. I have to say that the Qulimetal ones look very good.

JKim,
Thanks very much for posting that picture. Those look very promising and at least right now on Amazon they have a deal if you buy a second item you get 40% ($20) off.

Do you also own a set of rcplanebuyer grates? If you do, I would really like to see a comparison between rc’s and this Qulimetal. I am sure some others would, too. Seems like these Qulimetal are a pretty good compromise. I feel the Uniflasy ones aren’t half bad, but the extra rods on these put you closer to rcplanebuyer territory, even if not quite as thick. I would think if they hold up they would be more than good enough for all but the most fussy user.

There is a promotion right now for Qulimetal grates and bars on Amazon, just enter code LOVEBBQ2 at the checkout for an extra 40% off. The 7639 grates came out to $29.99 before tax...pretty good deal!

Special offers and product promotions
Save 40% each on Qualifying items offered by QuliMetal when you purchase 1 or more. Enter code at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply). Enter code LOVEBBQ2 at checkout.

Jon already beat me to it but you don't have to buy 2 of them, you can buy only one and still get the discount.

Sam, thanks for that just made a final offer on some Rc used grates on craigslist if they take my offer good if not for that price a great deal and if my offer is not accepted buying these for redhead restore #2. I fear this might be with everyone jumping on this the "Bruce effect" or the "Sam effect" which means it evaporates overnight. :)

No problem Brian. I have to give credit where credit's due so it's the "Bruce effect" but Greg M did find this brand of grates first so is it the "Greg effect" now? :confused:

There is a promotion right now for Qulimetal grates and bars on Amazon, just enter code LOVEBBQ2 at the checkout for an extra 40% off. The 7639 grates came out to $29.99 before tax...pretty good deal!

Special offers and product promotions
Save 40% each on Qualifying items offered by QuliMetal when you purchase 1 or more. Enter code at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply). Enter code LOVEBBQ2 at checkout.

Jon already beat me to it but you don't have to buy 2 of them, you can buy only one and still get the discount.

Sam,

Good catch! I was pretty sure that it said 40% off when you bought a second item. That is an even better deal!

At $29.99 you all should think about getting on board. :cool: You can't buy any kind of usable grate, let alone a very nice stainless bar one for that price!

Watch out for the "Sam Effect!"

Back