The Virtual Weber Bullet The Virtual Weber Bullet
TVWB Homepage TVWB Product Info TVWB Cooking Topics TVWB Operating Tips & Mods TVWB Videos TVWB Resources TVWB Shopping
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How thirsty are the 22s?

TVWBB Pro
    I love my 18.5" WSM and it doesn't use much fuel. The only time I prefer 22.5" (which I have with my Performer and Smoke EZ extender) is when I'm cooking a large brisket. The 22.5" setup uses a little over 1 lb/hr. Not sure if that's considered "thirsty", but I always have several hundred pounds of charcoal from the sales so I really don't notice. My bil has a 22.5" WSM and doesn't seem concerned with fuel consumption.
    Lew
    Bunch of Webers, Smoke EZ, GMG Daniel Boone, White Thermapen MK4

Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    The 22.5" setup uses a little over 1 lb/hr.
    To your point, this is why I'm puzzled that the OP burned-through 14-15 lbs for 2 racks of ribs. But I don't have sufficient data in my logs to quantify an answer (I bought an 18 within a couple months of getting the 22, so I stopped using the 22 for 5-hour smokes). But I do have data to support a claim of having done shoulders in the 22" with less than an 18.6 lb bag of KBB.

I did a hot and fast brisket a few weeks ago in my 22WSM and I was pleasantly surprised how efficient it was. Plenty of charcoal left after shutting it down.
    26.75", Vintage 26", Vintage 22", 22.5", PK Classic

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12