Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mixing Dough With A KitchenAid Mixer

Here's part two if anyone is interested...

18.5", 18.5", 14.5", Royal Oak Lump / Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes, Blue Genesis Silver C, Q1000

You can't go wrong with the KA. You see them in more professional kitchens than just about anything else (save for Hobart) but generally KA is what they have for their counter top machines

Quote Originally Posted by LMichaels View Post
    You can't go wrong with the KA. You see them in more professional kitchens than just about anything else (save for Hobart) but generally KA is what they have for their counter top machines
    I took the liberty to make a few pretzels today, and the mixer purred right along under load. Hope that new food safe grease I discovered works as advertised.
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", Royal Oak Lump / Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes, Blue Genesis Silver C, Q1000

The one I suggested or that white crap they sell on FLeaBay claiming to be the proper stuff. If it's the white stuff I will again urge you strongly to get that crap out of there. I just got done rebuilding 2 more units someone had done a DIY on with that s^&t and between the horrid smell stinking up my workshop, the torn up gears and bearings you cannot imagine how awful it is. Honestly you'd be better off cleaning that err stuff outta there and putting plain old wheel bearing grease in there than this other stuff which is nothing more than door hinge (white lithium) grease and NOT meant for high or Extreme Pressure (EP) use and applications. So this makes 3 machines I have gotten in because of that grease. Honestly Rusty get it outta there! As for good old wheel bearing grease not being food safe, Honestly would not worry about it. If you look at the MSDS sheet for the actual garbage KA installs in it and the plain old wheel bearing (chassis) grease they read the same for toxicity. Years ago when the KA brand was owned by Hobart that's what they put in there anyway. But trust me on this my friend

This is what I used...

Oh I thought you had bought that sh^&y stuff they sell on FleaBay in a plastic cup nothing but white lithium door hinge grease. The stuff you fond is very much like what I use. I haven't had a failure yet with it so I have to believe it's doing it's job. Let me know how this holds up long term. It seems to be a better price than what I am using. The product I have been buying is typically over $20 a tube and my yield is only 2 machines per tube. This one looks to be much more reasonable plus I can buy it in larger containers.

Out of curiosity, I took a peek inside the mixer...

What do you think?

The pizza turned out nice! Some of the best crust I've made so far.

For what it's worth, I load my pizzas up with at least 8 ounces of cheese, 8 ounces of sausage, half a pack of pepperoni, half a bell pepper, half a can of olives, half a pint of mushrooms (lol), etc.

TVWBB Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty James View Post
    The pizza turned out nice! Some of the best crust I've made so far.

For what it's worth, I load my pizzas up with at least 8 ounces of cheese, 8 ounces of sausage, half a pack of pepperoni, half a bell pepper, half a can of olives, half a pint of mushrooms (lol), etc.

Now let's see how you pick up a slice of that pizza.

Quote Originally Posted by Jason in CA View Post
    Now let's see how you pick up a slice of that pizza.
    An average slice weighs about 150 grams, and I use a fork to eat the tip.

Three slices is my high water mark. (about 1,100 calories)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast