Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Mixing Dough With A KitchenAid Mixer

I would definitely relocate the tank if you can. Some added plastic tubing will give you ability to move it to a safer location. I recall also back in my Realtor days seeing brine tanks and or combination units sitting next to water heaters, furnaces and what not and seeing those items rusting away badly and also seeing first hand damage to the heat exchangers when we went in for inspections after a sale and people needing to by new furnaces or water heaters LONG before they should have.
    My current dilemma is my knees. I am finding carrying down 40 or 50# bags of salt is causing severe pain in my knee and one hip. I can still hoist up 2 bags at a time on my shoulders and carry them but the stairs are killing me. I may have to try relocating the brine tank upstairs. Maybe in the garage.
    Hell getting old

Is this the best way to place a pizza stone on a gas grill?

The stone is setting on an old Whirlpool range broiler pan I saved from the landfill, and it fits my Silver C quite well. (That's a foil bag of wood chips on the right side)

Found another use for my brick trowel, lol...

18.5", 18.5", 14.5", Royal Oak Lump / Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes, Blue Genesis Silver C, Q1000

TVWBB Diamond Member Len Dennis's Avatar
    ANY way works as long as the stone gets up to around 500o. Takes about 30-45 min. Got one of those infrared surface readers?
    So many recipes, so little time
    : Genesis gas grill 18.5" WSM Maverick ET-732 :

Quote Originally Posted by Len Dennis View Post
    ANY way works as long as the stone gets up to around 500o. Takes about 30-45 min. Got one of those infrared surface readers?
    No surface reader to speak of, although my Thermal Pop gave a reading in excess of 600 just above the grate. I cracked my other stone on the charcoal grill, and I was worried about cracking this one - hence the use of the broiler pan.
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", Royal Oak Lump / Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes, Blue Genesis Silver C, Q1000

A bit off topic, but I couldn't resist posting this vintage gas range. Anyone ever heard of this brand?...

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/atq...849608758.html

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty James View Post
    A bit off topic, but I couldn't resist posting this vintage gas range. Anyone ever heard of this brand?...
    Yes, a very common brand. My grandparents had one like this, but with chrome cooktop and a glass fold-down shelf instead of the white one shown here. Those suckers can last forever with proper maintenance.

Yep sure have. A number of years ago back in my Realtor days, I sold an old rural farm house in the far north of Boone Cty IL. The owner was still using a wood burning stove (huge one) to cook and bake. IIRC it was an Okeefe and Malley as well. It was so big and heavy we decided to sell the house with the old stove, while it was a put off for many of the potential buyers we finally found one buyer who loved the idea and actually was thrilled to find an old farmhouse with that stove and snapped the place up.

Those are REALLY good machines. Not as powerful as the 6qt units but WAY stronger and more reliable. Though in all likelihood the gearbox grease is solid as a rock. Som of the old Hobart machines I open up that grease is solid. Takes hours to clean out and get good stuff in it, but it's well worth the effort

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567