Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mixing Dough With A KitchenAid Mixer

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Bartlett View Post
    Nice looking recipe Rusty. Quick and easy answer to your original question. I would just triple the dough portion of the recipe and then divide the dough by weight into 3 equal dough balls. Your dough hook will work better and you'll be all set for next time you crave pizza. Vac seal and freeze the two you don't use.
    No vacuum sealer, Cliff.

Just press the air out of the Ziploc bags instead?

If I remember correctly, room temperature (or near room-temp) items like meat will shrink the bag around the product after it freezes. I would assume the same can be said with dough?

EDIT: The pizzas came out pretty good considering we used Neese's Liver Pudding for a topping (including some ham slices).

EDIT 2: Looks like others like liverpudding (or livermush) pizza too!

Might try this too...

Bob Garner’s Livermush Shepherd’s Pie
    Last edited by Rusty James; 09-09-2018 at 07:35 PM.
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", Royal Oak Lump / Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes, Blue Genesis Silver C

Thanks again, Len!
    18.5", 18.5", 14.5", Royal Oak Lump / Royal Oak All Natural Briquettes, Blue Genesis Silver C

TVWBB Super Fan
    Rusty, submerge your zip-loc(tm) bag with contents up to the top in water to evacuate a little more air. Poor man's chamber sealer.

Zip looks will work fine Rusty. Good tip from JKalchik above. Actually, when I vac seal my dough, I don't go the whole nine yards like on a steak or chicken. I use the pulse feature to gently remove all the air without crushing the dough. Either will be fine.
    Weber OTG 26.3/4" Kettle, Weber Silver 22 1/2 " Kettle (2), Blue Performer, Jumbo Joe, Smokey Joe (49er Edition), WSM 22 1/2 ", WSM 18 1/2, WSM 14 1/2"

TVWBB Diamond Member Len Dennis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty James View Post
    Thanks again, Len!
    YW. Make sure you post some pics with your future creations Rusty (with a link to the recipe if applicable).
    So many recipes, so little time
    : Genesis gas grill 18.5" WSM Maverick ET-732 :

TVWBB Super Fan
    Freeze it before you bag it. Just don't freeze it long enough to freezer burn it.

Put a layer of flour on a paper plate. Place dough ball on paper plate and place in freezer.

Disclamer: When I freeze pizza dough balls this is how I do it. I still prefer the taste of a fresh 2 day old non frozen dough.
    Last edited by JBooker; 09-11-2018 at 11:25 AM.
    18.5 WSM. 22.5 OTS

Quote Originally Posted by JBooker View Post
    Freeze it before you bag it. Just don't freeze it long enough to freezer burn it.

Put a layer of flour on a paper plate. Place dough ball on paper plate and place in freezer.

Disclamer: When I freeze pizza dough balls this is how I do it. I still prefer the taste of a fresh 2 day old non frozen dough.
    Freeze the ball, and then put it on a paper plate, and finish freezing? How about a foam plate?

TVWBB Diamond Member Len Dennis's Avatar
    Honestly, I don't know why a paper/foam plate. I'd just wrap the ball in saran wrap (to keep it separate from it's neighbour) and pop it in the freezer bag, suck the air out and seal.
    So many recipes, so little time
    : Genesis gas grill 18.5" WSM Maverick ET-732 :

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty James View Post
    Freeze the ball, and then put it on a paper plate, and finish freezing? How about a foam plate?
    Paper plate with a layer of flour.

Put raw dough ball on floured paper plate

Put the whole thing in the freezer.

Remove from freezer when dough is frozen.

Bag and remove air right away.

Placed bagged dough back in freezer for storage.

You don't have to use a paper plate. I do it for the ease of clean up. You just throw the plate and excess flour in the trash. We also have thick ceramic plates. They take longer to cool down so the bottom side of the dough ball doesn't freeze as fast. The flour keeps the dough from sticking to the plate. Paper, Styrofoam, Ceramic, or Glass it doesn't matter just use a layer of flour so it doesn't stick.
    18.5 WSM. 22.5 OTS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12