Summit Silver - I've never seen one of these before

Ryan RS in Mass

TVWBB Fan
https://boston.craigslist.org/bmw/for/6689843289.html

00y0y_5e1RO63GiTv_1200x900.jpg

00M0M_j5YsjtqM7Rz_1200x900.jpg

Pretty neat looking - odd to see one with the front controls and that style of lid and cart.

Maybe some of you guys have seen a lot of these, but I've never seen one at all.

My brother and sister in law have one but with a side burner on it. I rebuilt it a few years ago for them and converted it to NG but it's in need of new burners and FBs now along with igniters. Cooks pretty decently

Could be wrong, but I think that line came out around 2005ish ? I rebuilt a Gold D 6 burner model. Lower cookbox had the same problem as the previous gen Summits in that the front and back of it is made of coated sheet metal and is prone to rusting out. Great grill though if the cookbox is in good shape.

The one I posted looks like it is in pretty good shape, but I am not the target market - just thought it was noteworthy as I've never seen one and it is much different than anything else they were making at the time.

The lid almost looks like it is interchangeable and possibly the side tables and frame, but I doubt much of anything else is.

The lack of parts availability would be enough to keep me away.

LOL, I saw this as well on CL. It's the next town over from me so I might check it out. Anyone have a suggested target price for this type of grill?

LOL, I saw this as well on CL. It's the next town over from me so I might check it out. Anyone have a suggested target price for this type of grill?

Well they've dropped it $50 since it was listed, so I'd say they haven't had much interest.

I can't tell you what I'd pay because the lack of parts availability would scare me off.

I'm out of the market for now since I just bought an S-320 yesterday. The only thing I will go for is a very cheap 1xxx or I-V generation propane to use as a spare.

Wow, that's a substantial price difference from the Sudbury one.

My brother used to live in Sudbury there is nobody poor in that town a shack would be 800k or more. Bill it depends on the condition as others have stated parts issue's other problems its a shame I am a fan of the look of those Summits. I am generally a 13 bar guy with colored lids but it is something about them I also like the look of your S-320 by the way so good score on that.

IIRC, cookboxes for that model were still available as of a year or so ago. Also trying to remember whether the bottom pan was solid or wire. Really, the only part that was trouble was the front of the firebox. I'd jump on one in a heartbeat if the price was right. Also, check to see what kind of grates it comes with. Some came with stamped half moon grates but some came with some fabulous 3/8th rod grates that are incredible. Pretty sure both the 400/600 and the Silver/Gold used the same size grates, and those will fit on a Genny B/C, 1000-5000, etc.

No the older Summit uses different size grates than a Genesis or the middle range Summit (A, B or C types)

Back