Just came across this.......interesting

LMichaels

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
So I just came across this and it partly explains discrepancies in Skirt Steak (which is one of my favorites). However as you'll see in the video the most common is the "inner" skirt which is actually the diaphragm muscle and is on the "inside" of the ribs. If you buy untrimmed spares it's that flap of meat you trim off.
Rather I find outer skirt steak which comes off the outside of the upper part of the rib way near the top of the animal. It looks almost the same but is even better than ribeye in taste and texture.
Enjoy and try to find this delicacy if you can
http://www.rickbayless.com/recipe/chipotle-skirt-steak-tacos-with-smoky-tomatillo-salsa/

When I want REALLY skirt steak I buy them from small meat market in Arlington Hts IL called Thuringer Prime Meats. They sell only prime grade and above beef, pork, lamb. They sell the outer skirt and you cannot believe how wonderful that steak is. I'd take that hands down over ribeye, strip, anything. It is prime and it is a little "spendy" at about $13lb BUT it's delicious, and it cooks wonderfully. I may be wrong on the price also

$13/lb, wow! I should try some prime cuts sometimes. I get mine from Market Basket, a local discount supermarket in the New England Area. I think it's around $9/lb.

Back