Weber spirit lid burnt

Frank H

TVWBB Gold Member
Hi you all
any thoughts on how repairable this lid is. I think The grill needs flavor bars and maybe new grates but my biggest concern is a burnt lid...I wonder if this can be repaired with high temperature spray paint
Hopefully you can see the pictures in this listing it is on letgo
https://letgo.onelink.me/O2PG/a37c6776Look what I just found on letgo! - Weber Spirit gas grille

Not sure what you mean by "burnt" on the lid. It looks dirty but I don't see damage. The grates are upside down so you may need extra time to clean them up and put them right side up

I talked to the lady who owns the grill and she said the paint was flaking on the inside of the lid so she scraped it leaving that silver showing in the center...is it not paint? Is it just smoke and grease?

I think Weber started using a second interior liner in the hoods on these grills no matter if SS or enameled hood. Previously only the SS hoods had the interior liner. Now also the enameled hoods have it too. Looks like the soot is pealing off that interior liner. That can be cleaned up. The outer skin is enamel and that can not peal off since it is not paint.
Pay attention to the cabinet however. The floor likes to rust and so do the side panels and the back panel. As well as the grease pan holder which is bolted to the left side panel.

Back