Garlic Burgers with Mac and Cheese

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Happy Labor Day everyone!! This is a Labor Day "weekend" cook. Did these garlic burgers on Saturday night. We were a little burned out with fries and tots so went with a small mac and cheese too. Here's some pic's.

Recipe called for sourdough bread instead of a regular bun. Made some sourdough beer bread earlier in the day.

enhance

enhance

Garlic Powder on both sides of patties....lots of it. Salt and Pepper too.

enhance

Burger fixin's and mac and cheese ready to go.

enhance

Mac and Cheese on for 30 minutes.

enhance

Burgers on.

enhance

Mac and Cheese done.

enhance

Flip.

enhance

Cheddar (medium) and Jack

enhance

Nice and melted.

enhance

Toasted the bun and bread.

enhance

Building it up.

enhance

Iceberg and sweet onion.

enhance

Tomato and dill pickle chips. Plate.

enhance

The burger patty was delicious. The bread was fantastic. Together they were abysmal. Should have just gone with a nice store bought sandwich roll. The crust on my bread was just too heavy for this burger. I pulled the top bun and ate the burger just on the bottom half and it was tasty. Will do this again on a more suitable bun. Anyway, time to get moving on tonight's Labor Day Cook. Again, Happy Labor Day to all and thank you for looking.

OUTSTANDING!
Great Photos Cliff, and your finial blew me away! Your sourdough looks PERFECT!

enhance

Is that what you get when you order your burger with a sidecar? Looks great - the only thing I'd have done differently out of habit is shape the patty to the shape of the bread.

Well the thought was good and it sure looked like a winner, sorry it didn't turn out like you wanted. I had the same experience when I used my sourdough bread for a burger.

Looks good to me. I'll take your word for it regards the burger/bun determination. I'm a fool for sourdough bread - always thought it went well with everything. Mmmmm.... mac 'n cheese.

That is one fantastic meal Cliff. As always outstanding. I also agree with Kevin, you need to open a restaurant so we can all try these delicious dishes you make.

Back