Happy Labor Day everyone! What's cooking?

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
This evening I'm doing some kettle fried thighs.
Daughter and family were here from Colorado, so last Friday I made pulled pork to serve on Saturday.
Ran the Kamado at 280-295 on this gnarly looking butt, still had about 2 hours to go:

What's on your menu?

Happy Labor Day to you too Bob. That butt does look gnarly...... and gorgeous and delicious! Looking forward to seeing those Kettle Fried Thighs today also. I'm doing something non-traditional for the holiday. I'd taken out a turkey breast a few days ago and had intended to cook it Saturday. Plans changed and I either have to cook it today or refreeze it and I'd rather not do that. So turkey it is!

Last edited:
Happy Labor Day Bob! and to everyone else!

YGNydJy.jpg

gonna smoke/grill this thing later...

E4xDJvo.jpg

Happy Labor day Bob and all the forum members. Got the point from our smoke day brisket in the mini, making burnt ends for the first time. Barb will be doing Jim Lampe's HH baby backs later this afternoon.

Yea Happy labor Day Folks! Nice to have a Monday off, but back at it tomorrow.:)
Smoked 3 Fatty's this am for a fantasy football draft my Son's held in the garage. It's been storming here in waves, so just Chili Dogs and Fries for dinner.

Tim

Did a pork loin stuffed with spinach and parmesan. Made one big enough for sammiches for lunch tomorrow!

Saturday, chicken and skirt steak fajitas. Monday was a Performer stuffed to the gills with Roadside Chicken.

Smoked a half-butt (3 lbs. 14 oz.) that my neighbor got in his Butcher Box order. It was the half with the bone in it. I've always cooked full butts and went to this forum for some advice on this little guy. The consensus was that it would take 8 hours, which proved to be right on (at around 240). Did it overnight from midnight to 8:00 a.m. Monday morning. Foiled it tight then into the fridge. Reheated in the foil later on Monday and it was fine to pull. Got about 8 large pulled pork portions out of it, which was perfect. I may do little butts from now on -- they cook fairly quick and the yield amount is about perfect.

Jeff

Back