New to me Q220?

Liz QM

TVWBB Member
On the local Facebook free cycle page was a well used Weber Q with a cart. I went and collected it last weekend and I think it is a Q220 from 2007 (the date stamp on the hose) as it has no labels or stickers on it. Whilst trying to get the grubby Q and cart in the car, I realised that its not a fold down cart!
I am going to remove the paint/coating from the lid and respray it hopefully in anodised red I just need to see if I can find the paint!

30557415148_8eac18de0c_z.jpg
[/url]C07ABA0A-78F1-4CE6-BDB7-A071E433E05D by Liz Quentin, on Flickr[/IMG]

I still have my Q200 that I am using so I have put it on the new to me cart!

43708115914_595252379b_z.jpg
[/url]70ABEAB9-032D-4B9A-A803-BC11A5D3E97F by Liz Quentin, on Flickr[/IMG]

Last edited:
Yes that was the higher end cart. Pretty much same as Q3xx series grills. And yes you have a 220 there. Shown by the higher domed lid and the thermometer. Some mistakenly believe the Q200 is the same as a 220. It is not. The 220 has a taller dome on the lid and the thermometer. The theory was the 220 could roast a whole chicken. I don't know I never tried on mine. Bruce? You have my old grill give it a whirl :D

Well there was an original (or baby Q) and than a Q100/120 came later and the difference again was lid height and a thermometer. Now I think they only have the 1200 *basically 120 that knows someone). So here too again the theory behind it if you go back to the original Weber sales literature was you could roast a chicken in the taller versions. Personally I never tried it but the lid on a 120/1200 vs an Original/Baby/100 Q are about 2" taller or so. Same between the 200/220 and 2000/2200

They certainly made these little Q’s to last didn’t they? Once it has been cleaned up I might try a chicken on it… I need to get a new hose and a bottle of propane gas as mine that I am using at the moment uses butane!

Q grills are great grills. They are simple, relatively inexpensive and do a great job and last a loooong time.

Look on the underside of the fold out tables for the data sticker. That is where the serial number should be which would translate to a date. It could be missing or trashed, but that is where they normally are on the Q grills from back then..

Q grills are great grills. They are simple, relatively inexpensive and do a great job and last a loooong time.

Look on the underside of the fold out tables for the data sticker. That is where the serial number should be which would translate to a date. It could be missing or trashed, but that is where they normally are on the Q grills from back then..

The previous owner has removed all stickers! But looking at the very tired looking hose it’s from 2007 at the earliest!

I have taken the lid off to give it a clean and it has what must be the model number embossed on the lid as well as what looks like two suns. One sun has 06 and the other has 07 in it. Which might be the manufacturing date? To me that would be June 07 but I guess it is more likely July 06 with it being an American product?

Yah, sounds like you have it pretty well nailed down for the manufacture date.

Back