Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charcoal grill size comparison chart

TVWBB All-Star
    Hahha, nice. Now I have to do the complicated math to see how much actual cooking surface I have all together with my herd of Webers.
    Ranch Kettle x 2, MiniRanch Gen2 Performer , SS Performer , OTG , OTS, Red MBH, JJ, SJS, Summit 650, Genesis Silver C , Genesis Gold C

Great job on that chart! Very interesting...I was a little surprised that you can do about as much with two 26ers as you can do with the huge Ranch grill. It also shows the 26 is a pretty big jump from the 22. I just finished my first 26 restore and am looking forward to finally cooking on one myself. I have always wanted to have room to lay out ribs without twisting and trimming.

I would love to see a similar chart for Weber gas grills. I often advise people to think twice before buying a used (or even new) Summit because I am convinced that two classic Genesis offer more space and greater versatility and control. Two Genesis grills would also be cheaper to obtain and maintain than one of those Summit monsters. So, sometimes bigger isn't really better.
    Genesis Platinum Silver C Q1200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22s Black '74 18, SJ. Projects: Skyline & 2 many others!

These are grate! I mean, great!

Chris

TVWBB Emerald Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    Thanks for “sticky” ing this Chris!
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

I was supplied to see that the cooking area of my jumbo joe, 22, and 26 combined was only 7sq in more than a ranch.
    14.5" WSM Blue Performer Deluxe Expresso Genessis E310: Jumbo Joe ***coming soon***

TVWBB Emerald Member Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy F. Lewis View Post
    That’s great! Now one for fuel consumption comparison? And one for wife allowance statistics!
    I think I have as many on hand as my wife will tolerate, but, if I could sell the maroon Genny for a Skyline and the tripod Pizzaque for a performer, I would not increase the herd just, improve it... yeah, I bet I can sell that. If I find the mentioned grill somewhere again.
    I should say “another performer” which I think I might modify to be stages for the “Go Anywhere” and Smokey Joe Gold.
    Then more patio space, I’m not sure I can sell that right now.
    Tomorrow will be another day! We shall see what that brings.
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12