Charcoal grill size comparison chart

DCloin

TVWBB Fan
While trying to convince myself I needed a Ranch I searched for a size comparison chart to see how much real estate I’d be gaining from my other grills. I never found what I was looking for so decided to make this chart. I thought someone else might be able to use it also.

Darvin

tNUmH5w.jpg

37CuKVt.jpg

I actually posted this over at weber kettle club. I inserted the image link here. It shows up on my browser. Not sure if anyone else can see it or not.

I realize that there are specs on each grill, what I should have said is that I wanted something showing all those sizes in one location.

Okay, I’ve uploaded the images to imgur and edited the post. Can anyone, besides me, see it now?

That’s great! Now one for fuel consumption comparison? And one for wife allowance statistics!
I think I have as many on hand as my wife will tolerate, but, if I could sell the maroon Genny for a Skyline and the tripod Pizzaque for a performer, I would not increase the herd just, improve it... yeah, I bet I can sell that. If I find the mentioned grill somewhere again.

Hahha, nice. Now I have to do the complicated math to see how much actual cooking surface I have all together with my herd of Webers.

Great job on that chart! Very interesting...I was a little surprised that you can do about as much with two 26ers as you can do with the huge Ranch grill. It also shows the 26 is a pretty big jump from the 22. I just finished my first 26 restore and am looking forward to finally cooking on one myself. I have always wanted to have room to lay out ribs without twisting and trimming.

I would love to see a similar chart for Weber gas grills. I often advise people to think twice before buying a used (or even new) Summit because I am convinced that two classic Genesis offer more space and greater versatility and control. Two Genesis grills would also be cheaper to obtain and maintain than one of those Summit monsters. So, sometimes bigger isn't really better.

I was supplied to see that the cooking area of my jumbo joe, 22, and 26 combined was only 7sq in more than a ranch.

That’s great! Now one for fuel consumption comparison? And one for wife allowance statistics!
I think I have as many on hand as my wife will tolerate, but, if I could sell the maroon Genny for a Skyline and the tripod Pizzaque for a performer, I would not increase the herd just, improve it... yeah, I bet I can sell that. If I find the mentioned grill somewhere again.

I should say “another performer” which I think I might modify to be stages for the “Go Anywhere” and Smokey Joe Gold.
Then more patio space, I’m not sure I can sell that right now.
Tomorrow will be another day! We shall see what that brings.

Glad the chart is still useful. I’ve not been posting here for a while but still read the posts.

Back