Feeding an addiction or just a hobby?

Timothy F. Lewis

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I have just done a rehab of a ‘97 Genny and an ‘84 22”Kettle for use as a Pizzaque station.
Last night I hit on a pre performer 22” Black Kettle (platinum?) for a reasonable sum but a bit of a cruise to bring back. Will the table tolerate the heat? (I could replace that easily enough with some sheet steel (cousin is a very serious welder/biker guy) I have several ideas about that upgrade already! Dang It!
I already know what most of you fellow Weberholics will say but, a voice of reason might be nice.
Should I save this great old grill for my selfish and appreciative self?
It’s not going to be a good nights sleep!

I had a performer that I used for a kettle pizza setup with the thermoset table and it handled the heat without any issues. I now have a 2010 platinum (platypus) kettle doing the work. with the thermoset tables. I did have to take off the lid supports or they would melt.
Save it!

Thanks Rich, I’ll see if my wife feels like a trip to the lake and see if I can find the place.
However, that was not the answer I was looking for.
Enabler!
I said voice of reason!

After a ridiculously convoluted email from the seller with rather cryptic directions to the selling point, which I never found, I decided that my wife was brilliant in choosing to have lunch before we set out in search of the grill. So, I’m sure there will be another at another time when, I will have built my corral for wayward grills!
Thanks for the support!

Back