24 Karat Gold Wings

I would like to try that but I refuse to buy wings for $7.95 Lb. and up. Wings here are priced like they really are 24 karat gold plated. I think Bob C mentioned Costco frozen wings were much cheaper but I forget to check them out every time we go there.

We grill wings about once a month and Frank's Red Hot Sauce (not the Buffalo Wing Sauce) goes into the marinade with olive oil, Worchestershire, Lemon juice, garlic and whatever seasonings you like. We make our own Buffalo Sauce simply with equal parts of Frank's and unsalted butter (Frank's is very salty already). Some mustard based BBQ sauce would be a good addition. If you do that, go all the way and grate some Reggiano Parmigiana in there, too.

Jeff

I am with Rich on this one. I can buy pretty good steak for what they want for wings these days. If I get a whole chicken I have a couple of wings.
Otherwise I think the price of wings is over-inflated.

$2.99 for flats (wing-etts) & $3.49/lb for drum-etts around here. The costco packages are decent - not the bulk bags, but they come in like 3 linked cryovac packages. Fresh is my first choice but the costcos are a close second, plus they're convenient.

Yea, and to think they used to throw them away, just like oktails.:rolleyes:
I usually get better prices and bigger wings at the Mexi-marts, but when you can get legs, thighs for under a buck and quarters for a little more why bother?

Tim

I agree, wings are way too speedy, considering that Meijer typically has drums and thighs for under a buck, and right now, has drums, thighs, and whole fryers for 69 cents/lb.

Back