Thread: Meat in Missouri

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar

Meat in Missouri

A new law went into effect this morning in Missouri, the only state to have it.
    The new law states that you cannot market something as meat in Missouri "if it is not derived from harvested production livestock or poultry” or face a $1,000 fine and a year in prison.
    The makers of Tofurky are suing.

Last edited by Bob Correll; 08-28-2018 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Correll View Post
    A new law went into effect this morning in Missouri, the only state to have it.
    The new law states that you cannot market something as meat in Missouri "if it is not derived from harvested production livestock or poultry” or face a $1,000 fine and a year in prison.
    The makers of Tofurky are suing.

They'd better leave the word "steaks" alone or the Cauliflower Association of America will get all up in their business.

Tofurky...Seriously. Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit. I never knew Tofurky wasn't a meat product. I think I remember driving through Missouri and seeing a Tofurky farm along the highway.
    2009 Performer Platinum , 1999 Genesis 1000 LX, Mini Smoker, 2009 E320ng, 18.5 , 1993 Smokey Joe, 2011 Performer Deluxe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Barb D View Post
    Tofurky...Seriously. Well butter my butt and call me a biscuit. I never knew Tofurky wasn't a meat product. I think I remember driving through Missouri and seeing a Tofurky farm along the highway.
    Thanks for today's laugh Barb!
    I think they only raise tofu turkeys in California.