Thread: Weber Master Touch Kettle Restore

Weber Master Touch Kettle Restore

Last month, I had the chance to pick up a Master Touch kettle. The ad on OfferUp was rather pitiful as you can see:

When I got there the seller had "put it back together" although the legs were in wrong. The grates, especially the removable GBS center piece, were rusty. Otherwise, it was a pretty decent grill for $50.

I worked hard on the grates, wire-brushing off the junk and light rust. The chrome was gone in some places, of course, but I wanted to save the cooking grate because of its thickness and the GBS feature. I spent $11 and got a new charcoal grate. Everything else was just some heavy cleaning, polish on the legs and some treatment with "303 Protectant" on the wheels and handles. I wound up selling this one at cost to the father of my son's girl friend (also my friend and former co-worker). I think I could have gotten $100 to $125 had I been selling to outside and a little patient. I am glad my friend has a nice grill to use. I am a fan of the OLD Weber kettles, but I do really like the higher stand, style touches, and extra features of this Master Touch.

Genesis Platinum Skyline 3200 Q1200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22s 1Touch Platinum, Black '74 18, JJ & SJ. Projects: Genesis 4, 2 many!

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    Boy your friend got a screaming deal on that puppy. There are a couple in Phoenix going for $125 that aren't nearly as nice as your resto.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

TVWBB Super Fan
    I still have one of these NIB that I bought at Walmart about 2 years ago on clearance for $99. I didn't need it but couldn't pass up the price. I may use the lid on my 2007 Performer that has a bent handle on it's lid.

Nice score by the way.
    (2) Red 22 1/2" OTS's, 18 1/2" OTS, SJS, 1995 Red SS Performer, 2002 Black Genesis Silver A, 1999 Red Genesis 1000, 2007 18.5" WSM

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Tofte View Post
    Last month, I had the chance to pick up a Master Touch kettle. The ad on OfferUp was rather pitiful as you can see:

When I got there the seller had "put it back together" although the legs were in wrong. The grates, especially the removable GBS center piece, were rusty. Otherwise, it was a pretty decent grill for $50.

I worked hard on the grates, wire-brushing off the junk and light rust. The chrome was gone in some places, of course, but I wanted to save the cooking grate because of its thickness and the GBS feature. I spent $11 and got a new charcoal grate. Everything else was just some heavy cleaning, polish on the legs and some treatment with "303 Protectant" on the wheels and handles. I wound up selling this one at cost to the father of my son's girl friend (also my friend and former co-worker). I think I could have gotten $100 to $125 had I been selling to outside and a little patient. I am glad my friend has a nice grill to use. I am a fan of the OLD Weber kettles, but I do really like the higher stand, style touches, and extra features of this Master Touch.

A bit of topic but I also saw a nice touring bag in one of the photos. 😂🍻