Weber Master Touch Kettle Restore

Jon Tofte

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Last month, I had the chance to pick up a Master Touch kettle. The ad on OfferUp was rather pitiful as you can see:

2lcv3ip.jpg

When I got there the seller had "put it back together" although the legs were in wrong. The grates, especially the removable GBS center piece, were rusty. Otherwise, it was a pretty decent grill for $50.

I worked hard on the grates, wire-brushing off the junk and light rust. The chrome was gone in some places, of course, but I wanted to save the cooking grate because of its thickness and the GBS feature. I spent $11 and got a new charcoal grate. Everything else was just some heavy cleaning, polish on the legs and some treatment with "303 Protectant" on the wheels and handles. I wound up selling this one at cost to the father of my son's girl friend (also my friend and former co-worker). I think I could have gotten $100 to $125 had I been selling to outside and a little patient. I am glad my friend has a nice grill to use. I am a fan of the OLD Weber kettles, but I do really like the higher stand, style touches, and extra features of this Master Touch.

znlis0.jpg

2af02kw.jpg

egxw1k.jpg

1rat8l.jpg

Boy your friend got a screaming deal on that puppy. There are a couple in Phoenix going for $125 that aren't nearly as nice as your resto.

I still have one of these NIB that I bought at Walmart about 2 years ago on clearance for $99. I didn't need it but couldn't pass up the price. I may use the lid on my 2007 Performer that has a bent handle on it's lid.

Nice score by the way.

Last month, I had the chance to pick up a Master Touch kettle. The ad on OfferUp was rather pitiful as you can see:

2lcv3ip.jpg

When I got there the seller had "put it back together" although the legs were in wrong. The grates, especially the removable GBS center piece, were rusty. Otherwise, it was a pretty decent grill for $50.

I worked hard on the grates, wire-brushing off the junk and light rust. The chrome was gone in some places, of course, but I wanted to save the cooking grate because of its thickness and the GBS feature. I spent $11 and got a new charcoal grate. Everything else was just some heavy cleaning, polish on the legs and some treatment with "303 Protectant" on the wheels and handles. I wound up selling this one at cost to the father of my son's girl friend (also my friend and former co-worker). I think I could have gotten $100 to $125 had I been selling to outside and a little patient. I am glad my friend has a nice grill to use. I am a fan of the OLD Weber kettles, but I do really like the higher stand, style touches, and extra features of this Master Touch.

znlis0.jpg

2af02kw.jpg

egxw1k.jpg

1rat8l.jpg

A bit of topic but I also saw a nice touring bag in one of the photos. 😂🍻

Back