I will just leave this here

Bruce

TVWBB 2-Star Olympian
I thought maybe it would be nice to have a thread of mishmash stuff related in some way to Weber gas grills, but not worthy of a dedicated thread. Feel free to post things that you think are interesting and might be of interest to others on the forum.

I know that a lot of people do that on purpose. They will list every kind of appliance known to exist in the search criteria so no matter what you search for their ad will show. They are hoping that if you want and search for Weber but see their listing you may change your mind.

Here is an example of the key words used in one listing.

Copied and pasted,
keywords= bbq's, grill, smoker, lighting, interior lighting, outdoor lighting, water pumps, sink, kitchen sink, garbage disposal, artificial Christmas tree, staple gun, fireplace insert, ladder, fire pit, propane, heater, electric insert, pressure washer, weed eater, lawn mower, riding lawn mowers, pallet racking, air purifier, bath tubs, patio furniture, doors, screen door, storm door, security door, leaf blower, vanity, mirrors, wall tile, swamp cooler, air compressor, anything and everything, appliance warehouse, water dispensers, Christmas décor, window ac, portable air conditioner, SAW, drill, vent, kit, 2, 4, 3,1, 5, cycle, trimmer, weber, char, broil, Frigidaire, GE, hisense, idylis, Honeywell, kobalt, patio, chair, bench, sofa, rack

So I search Weber and get air conditioner listings because of the above.

Ah, the amazing world of internet ads. Jaqam is always a favorite. SSP's and Perfomers with trash cans always gives me a chuckle also. The obvious second "B" error in "Weber" usually means you can get a bargain. But the "paint peeling" in the lid is about as sure of great deal as you will find.

Some fun ones I have heard:

Regarding a Weber kettle made of porcelain of course. The grill had obvious chunks missing: "Just paint."

I saw one where the seller said he removed the rusty bottom and replaced with WOOD:

2pskay9.jpg

Here's a picture I loved of someone coping with a rusted out frame bottom:

2chxr4j.jpg

I also love the claims that Weber "warranties parts for life" or "part available for cheap on Amazon". (Apparently not cheap enough for them to get it and fix it:rolleyes:!)

That thing has some real other issues as well. But yah, that is a bit odd with the large wheels on the other side. Do both sides of the frame legs have the holes for the Alex?

I think that guy has done some customizing to that grill. I wonder where the swing table went. It looks like the support rod is still there as well as the pivot rod, just no swing table. I also notice the frame support bars that go between the legs at the bottom is missing along with the wire shelf. He clearly has replaced the shelf wood, but that is a Genesis 1000 and should have six slats instead of three wide ones.

It looks like a parts grill at this point, but if the internals are good, $30 would be a good deal.

The person who originally put that grill together did not read the directions and they put it together backwards is all

How can you do that and have it work out? The legs themselves are welded in place so the cookbox would have to be flipped 180 degrees. I don't see how that would work with the manifold and cookbox bolts. Or am I missing something???

How can you do that and have it work out? The legs themselves are welded in place so the cookbox would have to be flipped 180 degrees. I don't see how that would work with the manifold and cookbox bolts. Or am I missing something???

It's easy on that style of grill. I see lots of them put together backwards

Back