Temp won't go over 275

Hey guys. I have a q200. I was having an issue with propane flow when hooked to a grill tank. So I removed the regulator and used a quick connect to plumb it directly into my RV system. But, it still won't reach over 275 degrees. I have cleaned all the burner holes out as well. Any thoughts? I get no change in flame height when I turn the control knob as well

You removed the actual regulator from the grill itself? There was a run of Q2xx grills that had bad regulators. Weber was actually replacing them for the original owner(s). I had bought one that went bad for my daughter. I simply took off the entire assembly. Unscrewed the regulator from the valve and bought a regular grill hose and regulator. With the appropriate fittings it now works just fine on a 20# tank with no issues.
This is why I am curious if you actually did remove the actual regulator. If so I would check carefully all your connections. If you used PTFE tape maybe you got sloppy with it? Remove the burner make sure the holes are really clean, look at the spider screen make sure it's clean. Check the orifice on the output of the valve perhaps there is a clog there. I don't believe it's removable though so at that point a new regulator and valve assembly is in order. The good news is they're very cheap. Only about $35 or so.
Good luck!

Regulator is completely removed. All I have is the control knob and the line running to my quick connect. I was having this same issue before I took the regulator off.

I agree with larry. But start with the quick and inexpensive fixes first. Also, consider that the lid thermometer might be jacked up. Try to find another way to test the temp. Maybe you have another Q grill and you can swap thermometers?

There is a check valve in the hose that goes from the 20 lb tank to the Q that may need to be reset in order to allow full gas flow. To reset, close tank valve, open grill valve for a minute. Then, close grill valve and SLOWLY open tank valve. Let set for 5 minutes before attempting to light.

Back