Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Beer.

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Elwell View Post
    SNPA is NOT dry hopped...
    You are correct, but I can't find where anyone said it was dry hoppped

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Dollar View Post
    You are correct, but I can't find where anyone said it was dry hoppped
    I'd assume it's dry hopped. This clone calls for a dry hop: https://www.boomchugalug.com/downloa...ipes/snowy.pdf

see "secondary fermentation"

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    I'd assume it's dry hopped. This clone calls for a dry hop: https://www.boomchugalug.com/downloa...ipes/snowy.pdf

see "secondary fermentation"
    huh , well that's surprising ........... I've always assumed it was not dry hopped just judging by the body of the beer, its not light and crisp like I expect of a dry hopped beer. And its a classic that was brewed in the early days of craft beer, before dry hopping became as popular as it is today.

But that would explain the IBU's at 36, while the beer still retains a lot of hop flavor and aroma. The Sierra Nevada site does not specifically say if its dry hopped, just that its bottle conditioned, which would probably imply that maybe it is dry hopped. And they have a home brew recipe that says hops are added at the end of the boil ........

https://www.sierranevada.com/beer/year-round/pale-ale

TVWBB Pro
    I wouldn't worry about it too much. I have at least 2 clone recipes (from Brew Your Own) and 1 that is supposed to be directly from SN and it is not dry hopped.

Even the recipe I use dry hops it, but since I'm not a hop head I don't. I think it tastes just fine without it.
    Bill: WSM 22.5 BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2 : Maverick ET-733 : BHG Gas Grill: His & Hers John Deere Lawn Tractors

TVWBB Pro
    I have that one too...BUT...SN says they use Magnum hops for bittering.
    Bill: WSM 22.5 BBQ Guru DigiQ DX2 : Maverick ET-733 : BHG Gas Grill: His & Hers John Deere Lawn Tractors

TVWBB Super Fan
    Interesting from the Sierra Nevada site, in their FAQ, they say SNPA has a shelf life of 150 days under optimum conditions, that being cool, dark, and wet ( whatever wet means ) . That's not very long. The reason to be really picky when buying hoppy beers.

Lot of people don't like the bitterness of hoppy beers, I get that. But I also think some are getting hold of some hoppy beers that've been on the shelf too long.

I think of coffee and tea of being bitter, so I wonder why so many instantly reject a beer because its bitter. When I was a cig smoker in my younger days, I enjoyed a cig with the bitterness of coffee and unsweetened tea. Cause me to switch from the sweet tea I was raised on, to unsweetened, cuz I like the taste of a smoke with the bitterness.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Elwell View Post
    I have the following home brew on tap:

1 Irish Stout
    1 Coffee Stout
    2 kegs of Oktoberfest Lager
    1 Sierra Nevada Pale Ale Clone
    3 variations of a Light Ale (4.2%)

PROSIT!
    Apparently I need 10 characters minimum to say

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789