Beer.

Man, that's one heckava wide open question :cool:

Especially on a Friday evening

These days I'm drinking a lot of locally brewed beer, that people who are not local , haha, would not know anything about.

But when I fire up my stick burner or even my WSM's, I will have a session beer, like Founders All Day IPA, or some local low ABV beer.

These days I'm drinking a lot of locally brewed beer, that people who are not local , haha, would not know anything about.

But when I fire up my stick burner or even my WSM's, I will have a session beer, like Founders All Day IPA, or some local low ABV beer.

Even if it's local. it still makes for a good conversation.

I can get some Founders products. Not sure about All Day IPA, but still worth noting for the beer radar.

Nut Brown Ale, brewed and served in my garage...about as local as you can get :D

Right there with you.... I have a sweet stout on tap, and a cream ale and a bourbon barrel porter in fermentation. Just got back from the local tap room about a half mile away, had a honey weiss finished on ginger & lime zest (specialty firkin.)

Life's too short to drink bad beer.

I can get the All Day IPA in both 19 oz can, and 6 pack.

I'll add it to the list, for next time.

What favorite beer or new beer are you having now?

There is a beer sold at Aldi I was first introduced to on a trip to Germany. On that trip my daughter and I took a train from Cologne to a small town in the former DDR called Schwerin (NE of Hamburg) on the train they had stewards that sold snacks and beer and a beer they served was called Wernersgruner. It's a German Pils. I recalled how nice a beer it was and when I found it here at Aldi I could not pass it up. A nice basic glass of good German beer. And not expensive only $5.50 for a 6 pack. I like it far better than all those "craft" beers and fru fru beers that have fruit and vanilla and what have you. Yuk

Nut Brown Ale, brewed and served in my garage...about as local as you can get :D

I love a smooth nut brown ale, but the kids these days are all about a bitter triple-hopped, barrel-aged, etc.

Newcastle Brown Ale is looked down on by some, but I love it. They were selling it in little draught kegs that hold about 10 pints, but they appear to have discontinued them. It was the best way to get fresh beer not affected by light exposure. Even Heineken tastes good out of the little keg.

Rogue Hazelnut Brown Nectar is another I really like.

Our local brewery, Great Raft, has a black lager called Reasonably Corrupt. I probably drink as much of it as anything else these days.

8810653581342.png

5ae3ca3347a9203bf9a5c8c4-450x450.jpeg

RCWeb.jpg

There is a beer sold at Aldi I was first introduced to on a trip to Germany. On that trip my daughter and I took a train from Cologne to a small town in the former DDR called Schwerin (NE of Hamburg) on the train they had stewards that sold snacks and beer and a beer they served was called Wernersgruner. It's a German Pils. I recalled how nice a beer it was and when I found it here at Aldi I could not pass it up. A nice basic glass of good German beer. And not expensive only $5.50 for a 6 pack. I like it far better than all those "craft" beers and fru fru beers that have fruit and vanilla and what have you. Yuk

Is this it?

https://www.beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/3966/8653/

Do they have a beer finder on their website? Since it's in German, I couldn't understand it.

https://www.wernesgruener.de/

Ok, I used Beer Menus and found a store that sold it. I'll try to get it later this year.

I love a smooth nut brown ale, but the kids these days are all about a bitter triple-hopped, barrel-aged, etc.

Newcastle Brown Ale is looked down on by some, but I love it.

One of my favorites! I'm into more "beer flavored beer" though I will make an occasional hop bomb to have on tap for those crazy kids (who won't get off my lawn ;) )

Right there with you.... I have a sweet stout on tap, and a cream ale and a bourbon barrel porter in fermentation. Just got back from the local tap room about a half mile away, had a honey weiss finished on ginger & lime zest (specialty firkin.)

Mmmmm....beer!

I like Founders. You can get a 15 pack on sale for 13.99 or 14.99. Normal price is 16.99 so that's around a buck a beer.
All Day IPA is one of my favorites, but Solid Gold and PC Pils are also favorites and available in 15 packs at the same price.
Binnys in my area carries some of the best selections.
https://foundersbrewing.com/

Tim

Last edited:
At home while working or grilling I drink Bud Light. When out or any special occasion I enjoy either a nice Porter or IPA.

I've been liking Guinness Blond lately.
But, after a hot day of yard work, there ain't nothing better than a cold light beer!

I had Founders for the first time this year. The Kentucky Breakfast Stout.

It ranks up there with my other favorite stouts or porters.

I like every style of beer. Amber is my least favorite, because it's too much in the middle. Not light, nor hoppy.

But, I do like the amber that a local brewery makes, especially because they use it as the base for their pumpkin beer.

And I like Mendocino Brewery's Red Tail Ale. So even with my less preferred style, there is still someone that makes one I like.

I've been meaning to try Newcastle for a while. The same time I make the All Day IPA purchase, I'll also get Newcastle.

So I'll try two people's recommendations from this thread.

I would be careful to look for the " brewed on " or " packaged on " date on the All Day IPA ( or really , any hoppy beer ), its on the outside of the 15 pak . It doesn't age well on the shelf. The hops degrade. Founders is either good about shipping fresh beer here to Oklahoma, or its a big seller, but six months is about all I allow for hoppy beers.

This pic is of two Dales Pale Ale , brewed by Oskar Blues in Colorado. Dales is a hopped up pale ale, has IBU of 65. Beer on the right came from a small package store, brew date said it was six months old. Beer on the left came from a high volume package store and was less than two months old. Easy to see the six month old beer had already changed greatly from what the brewer created. And it tasted like it. BTW, Dales Pale Ale is one of my fav beers, right behind bourbon barrel aged stouts.

e1lj0IX.jpg

I have a Weizen on tap, a Dark Czech Lager conditioning, and a Pale Ale in the fermenter. I just checked the gravity of the Pale Ale - not done yet. Planning an Amber Ale for the next brew.

Have been enjoying New Belgium "Trippel" of late. Also like Deschutes "Mirror Pond" and Sierra Nevada "Kellerweis".

The Stone brewery is about 2 miles from where I live, however I've burned out on the super hopped up stuff.

Back