Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Character limit.

I'm grateful that this forum is designed on the premise of bringing value. The fact that we don't need to sift through pages of meaningless replies is very much appreciated! We're adults; we don't need a Thx, lol, thumbs-up, etc. to recognize others may like our input, or feedback. I also like the use of real names; otherwise, anonymity could severely affect the cleanliness of this site.

One suggestion is to wait a day or two and simply reply with something to the effect of "Thank you for all the compliments, gang!" Honestly, reading "Thanks" every other line is not the best use of this site.
    Last edited by BFletcher; 08-25-2019 at 08:23 AM.

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Bob Correll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BFletcher View Post
    I'm grateful that this forum is designed on the premise of bringing value. The fact that we don't need to sift through pages of meaningless replies is very much appreciated! We're adults; we don't need a Thx, lol, thumbs-up, etc. to recognize others may like our input, or feedback. I also like the use of real names; otherwise, anonymity could severely affect the cleanliness of this site.

One suggestion is to wait a day or two and simply reply with something to the effect of "Thank you for all the compliments, gang!" Honestly, reading "Thanks" every other line is not the best use of this site.
    and a Pit Boss Kamado

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    Agree with both Bob and BFletcher. I also think that Chris is very fair in his decisions he asks for input on a lot of issues. The way he runs this forum is the reason it is so successful.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

Quote Originally Posted by Jon M View Post
    BS! I just wanted to say thanks. Nothing more nothing less. 10 character min? ***?
    What the freak?
    Someone paid me a complement. I did not want to ignore him-just say thanks. There was nothing more to say unless I started gushing all over myself, like some people.
    You want to discourage people from saying thanks? I donÂ’t agree

Now my post says moved. I posted it in BBQing, now it says moved - to BBQing?

You should be more democratic about this forum in stead of everything YOUR way.
    Like user names.
    It’s like a one way street like your YouTube channel, “Comments Disabled”
    Really too bad. This seems like a pretty good forum. But the more I delve in the more I get all the Dictatorship overtones.
    Just my opinion.
    Is this how it's going to be with you? One hemorrhoid after another? First registration and now this? If you don't like living under a benevolent dictatorship, please proceed to the nearest exit.

TVWBB Honor Circle Timothy F. Lewis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Allingham View Post
    Is this how it's going to be with you? One hemorrhoid after another? First registration and now this? If you don't like living under a benevolent dictatorship, please proceed to the nearest exit.
    Here, here!
    There will always be someone that feels like their toes have been stepped on, and sometimes I’ve stepped on them but, the “BS” rant is from someone that has posted less than a dozen times. I’m considering the source on that one.
    Chris, you just keep doing what you’re doing, as I said “It’s YOUR site”
    You should have been here last night, three grills huffing away and rafts of feasting!
    Keep it up, buddy!
    Distinguebant Sed, Ignoret In Particulari!
    "If brains was lard, that boy couldn't grease too big a skillet!" J. D. Clampett

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Jim Lampe's Avatar
    Social media has exploded.
    Keeping what we have HERE, can we project ourselves back in time about 20 years
    before all hell broke loose on the internet?
    Please??
    Living a dream in
    ......................The Home of THE P1GVILION

No, sry, lol

TVWBB Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy F. Lewis View Post
    Here, here!
    There will always be someone that feels like their toes have been stepped on, and sometimes I’ve stepped on them but, the “BS” rant is from someone that has posted less than a dozen times. I’m considering the source on that one.
    Chris, you just keep doing what you’re doing, as I said “It’s YOUR site”
    You should have been here last night, three grills huffing away and rafts of feasting!
    Keep it up, buddy!
    What are all the things you made? That is impressive, to have all of the grills in use at the same time.

TVWBB Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Correll View Post
    This is the best bbq forum on the internet.
    10 years as a member and no complaints.
    Just my opinion.
    I consider this even more than a bbq forum, since there are other food and drinks discussed too.

I consider this a "food forum".

This is probably tied with another site in terms of being a go-to for food discussion, but I also like the format of this site better, so that gives it the edge.

Plus I like how I know who runs this site, as well as how Chris has posted a few videos reviewing things. So there's a more personal connection.

TVWBB Diamond Member Len Dennis's Avatar
    I'm a mod on another forum. Although we are a bit looser than Chris' forum here (we allow odd ball user names and "likes" and "thanks" which really don't take up any space), we don't tolerate ANY derogatory, attack-like, political, etc posts either.

The same intolerance that Chris shows here.

On both forums members can report posts that "break the law". It's a lot of work for one person here, especially when he is off judging one event or another and responses may be delayed in being acted upon when reported.

As with our forum, this intolerance towards any infraction makes for a very nice experience. People have differences of opinion and that really helps in developing sound methods for what we do (smoking and grilling). Civility is king and if not, the post is either edited or deleted and the poster warned. Or banned.

You want to thank someone, well then the only method is to make a follow up post in that thread.

Chris believes his way is the best way to run HIS forum. A lot of us agree with that philosophy. Would I change anything? Not really. It works as is.

Off my soap box now
    So many recipes, so little time
    : Genesis gas grill 18.5" WSM Maverick ET-732 :

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast