Howdy from Houston!

Wyatt Martin

Just wanted to say hi. I am new to the forum, but have already benefited from the expertise here. Just got my 22.5" WSM and completed my second cook. Also have a 22" Performer Deluxe. Just made the transition from gas back to Charcoal after 25 years and I am wondering why I waited so long.

On the grill we have already enjoyed great steaks, burgers, lobster, and even some baby backs. My first smoke was two whole chickens and a couple of slabs of St. Louis style spareribs. The ribs were good, but the chicken was a bit over smoked. Tender and juicy though. I thought the ribs were a touch dry, but my wife disagreed. Of course she also eats well done steaks so.... Tried a brisket tonight. Had a little trouble staying under 250, but not to bad. It finished in just over 8.5 hours for about 11 lbs. Still resting but i will let you know how it came out. Wish me luck.

:blackperformer::wsm22:

Hi Wyatt. Welcome to the forum. You'll never regret the time you spend here.

I love Houston. Spent a lot of time there in 98 and 99 consulting for an oil services company. Loved the city. Well not so much in August. I know Houston is a pretty big place but do you have any idea if the "Ragin Cajun" craw fish joint is still in business? One of my favorites.

At least one location is. Good food. Always a great place for lunch.

Hi Wyatt. Welcome to the forum. You'll never regret the time you spend here.

I love Houston. Spent a lot of time there in 98 and 99 consulting for an oil services company. Loved the city. Well not so much in August. I know Houston is a pretty big place but do you have any idea if the "Ragin Cajun" craw fish joint is still in business? One of my favorites.

Brisket was really tender and had great flavor. I would have liked a little more moisture, but with some sauce it was as good or better than restaurant. Can't wait to do another.

Back