Thread: 24 hour fix and flip project: Q320

24 hour fix and flip project: Q320

This grill popped up for sale just 15 minutes from my house, and I was able to pick it up the following morning. As I had some free time to spare, I decided to clean it up a bit (not a full-scale rehab) for resale.

The good:

1) The grates were in very good shape, just needed a thorough cleaning
    2) Even the electric starter worked
    3) Cheap

The bad:

1) the firebox was pretty dirty
    2) the burners were plugged up and the grill would top out at 400 degrees.

I only have the after pics:

The eventual buyer contacted me within 90 minutes of the ad being posted and sold for the full asking price, netting me a triple-digit profit. This was a nice grill!
    2004 Genesis Gold C, Q200, 1999 Performer; 2009 22" 2008 18" , Copper Premium 22" Projects: 1992 Genesis 2, 2002 Genesis Gold C

JKim,
    Great home run! Not as easy to do with a Q where the top end is somewhat limited. The buyer made out fine with a very nice grill that will give years of service with just some reasonable care.
    Genesis Platinum Silver C Q1200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22s Black '74 18, SJ. Projects: Skyline & 2 many others!

Sounds like you got a great deal and the new owner got a great deal. Nice job.
    Grills and guns are a lot alike. While one would usually suffice and you can only use one a time, each grill/gun is better in certain situations.

Good job. The 320 is a nice grilling machine

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian Rich Dahl's Avatar
    I'm really not much of a Q fan but that as you said it is a nice grill. You did a nice job and a nice profit, well done.
    "Rescuing just one dog won't change the world, but it surely will change the world for that one dog."

What method did you use to clean the firebox?
    Weber Q3200 and Q2200

A razor blade and then some steel wool.

In the past, I have used my angle grinder and wire cup brush on a different Q grill that I rehabbed.

The wire cup brush yields better results if the grease is baked on, but I went with a low tech method for this one because the it wasn't quite baked on yet.
    2004 Genesis Gold C, Q200, 1999 Performer; 2009 22" 2008 18" , Copper Premium 22" Projects: 1992 Genesis 2, 2002 Genesis Gold C

Saw that one come up too, figured one of you guys nabbed it.
    We must not live too far from each other as this is now the second grill I've seen get listed that you have picked up.

I will soon have my own Q300 for sale.

I guess this gives me hope that I will actually be able to get something decent for it price-wise, as I have not noticed them selling for triple digits in our area before.

Congrats on the find, the nice rehab and the sale.
    Silver A Fixed-Up Freebie | Silver B "Cape Grill" Minor Refurb | Q300 (For Sale Soon) | Silver B Freebie Parts/Fix/We'll See

TVWBB Super Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by JKim in MA View Post
    A razor blade and then some steel wool.

In the past, I have used my angle grinder and wire cup brush on a different Q grill that I rehabbed.

The wire cup brush yields better results if the grease is baked on, but I went with a low tech method for this one because the it wasn't quite baked on yet.
    I generally use my power washer, but I have all the parts to make a homemade sandblaster. I hope that can be a little more aggressive, but in a controlled way. I have walnut shells as the blast media.