anybody know what this is? EP-330 cookbox part...

RMSwenson

i have a weber EP-330, and was recently cleaning it out. there is a 'plate' mounted inside the front edge of the cookbox, over the 3 left burner tubes (left, sear, and center). it is all rusted out, as you can see from the attached picture. there isn't an equivalent plate of the right most burner tube.

anybody know what this is? most importantly, do i need to replace it? i have totally removed it, as it was just crumbling apart.

https://imgur.com/cHmNpV8

thanks...

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry I don't have a clue but maybe if you post it in the correct forum someone can help. Post it in the Weber Gas Grill section but not the Q section

I replaced that heat shield last year on my S330, and had a difficult time removing that seized screw. Good luck.

Don't know if this might be important, but the shield that Chris and Dan linked to is noticeably different than the one I linked (which was off a later model EP330.) I'm wondering if Weber changed the design ? And if they'd recommend the newer part as a replacement (presuming that it fits?)

Might be worth a call to Weber to ask them about it.

Looking at the pic posted by the OP, it’s part #62675 as suggested by Chris & Dan. It’s a heat shield that’s inside the cook box and sits in front of two burners and the sear burner.

Looking at the pic posted by the OP, it’s part #62675 as suggested by Chris & Dan. It’s a heat shield that’s inside the cook box and sits in front of two burners and the sear burner.

Agreed. My thought is that the heat shield for later models seems to sit in front of all the burners instead of just the one side. Perhaps Weber saw the previous one as a flawed design and changed it during the next model refresh.

I believe there are two heat shields on the S330; one sits inside the cook box and another piece that you mentioned which sit outside the cookbook in front of the control panel.

I called Weber last year about the shield on my S330 and the girl sent me two separate pieces LOL

Removing that screw

I replaced that heat shield last year on my S330, and had a difficult time removing that seized screw. Good luck.

I noticed last weekend when cleaning my S330 that that heat shield was crumbling and I scrubbed that screw but still not sure how to remove it. It is a bit melted or stripped and looks to be a hex head? I am thinking I may have to drill it out. Can you share with me what it is and how you removed yours?

Was just looking at replacing my heat deflectors and noticed this same part rusted and crumbling. Just spent about 30 minutes looking for it, and finally went to Google. First hit was this thread. I should have known to just start at TVWBB. Mine is the smaller version that sits in front of the sear burner and the far left burner.

Removing that screw

I noticed last weekend when cleaning my S330 that that heat shield was crumbling and I scrubbed that screw but still not sure how to remove it. It is a bit melted or stripped and looks to be a hex head? I am thinking I may have to drill it out. Can you share with me what it is and how you removed yours?

I had neglected changing the shield way too long, and the head of the screw was pretty corroded. It stripped immediately with a socket. I tried slicing it in the center with a dremel to make a screwdriver slot. That worked, but even with some penetration spray I couldn't get it to go using a flat head and that started to strip as well. I resorted to vise grips to grasp what was left of the head and all be darned...it came out. I thought for sure it would snap off and I'd end up drilling it out, but the vise grips won in the end.

Back