1 Hour St Louis Ribs

Robert-R

TVWBB Diamond Member
St Louis Ribs in 1 Hour

Rotisserie, of course. It really wasn't supposed to go this way, but it did.

Have been wanting to try using the Caliente grill kit and the Cajun Bandit rotisserie in combination.
So I fired the setup with a big charge of used briquettes and a small split of cherry. MM start - 14 coals.

jhq5MiI.jpg

Thought I could catch the temps on the way and adjust things for a 300* cook.
Had TBS at 330* with the bottom vents closed and the top at 20% open. I could roll with that: time to cook.

SLRs with a heavy rub of Oakridge BBQs Chipotle Lime getting read for the spin.

tD7BtbM.jpg

After getting the ribs started, the temps rapidly increased to 430*. Shee....
After an hour they had dropped to 410* and I thought it would be a good idea to check in the progress of the ribs.
Glad I did. Visual and toothpick test indicated done.

oRsfwAf.jpg

xZ9xWHG.jpg

Pulled them and while they were resting, grilled some fresh corn and pineapple chunks.

y9MLaCZ.jpg

Sliced the ribs:

94l6ATj.jpg

Time To Eat!!!

jjPZ64T.jpg

They were great!!!! Juicy! Tender for a HH cook.

So next time, will use less briquettes and a smaller MM start. And make sure there isn't any lump mixed into the charge. :p
Really like being able to adjust the charcoal grate from way down there to just below the grill grate - makes a cook like this quite convenient.

Last edited:
Great looking ribs Robert. They sure look nice and juicy. So, you ate a little earlier than planned did you?? ;)

Thanks, Cliff. Yes dinner was early, actually when we should be eating. It happens sometimes - like rain in the desert or in Southern California.

Looks great Robert, That had to be a bit of a surprise.

Thanks, Rich. A pleasant surprise, for sure. Will do it again!

Last edited:

Back