Best replacement burner tubes 7508 for resto

Leandro P

TVWBB Member
I love my weber genesis grills from 2003. One of the great things is how many replacement parts are available. All of us on here have one thing in common we restore these grills with the intent to make them last a long time.

South Florida humidity and proximity to ocean causes things to rust very quick. Fortunately rcplanenbuyer made flavorizer bars and grates that will last a long long time and we fork over the money cause of the quality spending more than we did on the grill on a set of grates. We also paint the frames to hopefully keep them from giving out, as we know this is the single weakest part of grill.

I have also noticed that the burner tubes aren’t made as good as they used to be. What they call stainless now might not even give you 2 seasons when the original Weber ones non magnetic would last 10 plus years. Is there any particular burner tube maybe made out of 304 ss that you guys recommend even if it’s aftermarket? Could there be something for burner tubes like rcplanebuyer is to grates?

Last edited:
Seriously, I wouldn't overspend on burner tubes. I have a set in my genesis 1000 that are two years old and running strong. I paid $15 for them off amazon. I expect to get many more years out of them. Seems like every grill I buy to rehab has good burners in them. BUt they are just caked up with crud and carbon to the point they are no longer putting out good heat or even heat. They just need 5 mintutes with a wire brush and they are as good as new. I have three or four sets of Silver B tubes laying around in my garage that are probably original tubes that are still in great shape. These are from grills that were parted out. If I buy a Silver B grill and take out the Tubes, the flavorizer bars and the cooking grates, the tubes are almost always the only salvageable of the three. They just need cleaning like the rest of the inside of the cook box to keep things functioning well.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info ill try the amazon ones. the original ones that came with them are usually in good shape again 304. But sometimes the crossover burner weld which holds the middle tube falls off and then the cross over tube are in bad shape. But the new Weber ones I’ve seen lately literally disintegrate when you touch them a magnet will stick to them too not sure if our weather is more extreme here. Just don’t want to be spending 50 bucks every two seasons.

Last edited:
I'm sure the aftermarket burners are fine as Bruce said. But you can sometimes find oem weber burners heavily discounted on Amazon or ebay. I got the burners for my 1000 for I think it was 25 bucks on eBay including shipping and they are Weber. That was going on 3 years ago and they are fine. Time will tell if they last as long as the originals (about 20 years) but so far so good.

Leandro,
I hear what you are saying. The Skyline I just did over had the original Burner Tubes, plastic Spider Guards and all. After a quick wire wheeling and a pick to clean out several holes they perform as new.
I have two used sets of Genuine Weber #7506 tubes from way back and they are equally as clean. I have a NOS set of Weber #7506 Tubes brand new in the box. The only one a magnet sticks to is the NOS set.

Jeff

Thanks for the info ill try the amazon ones. the original ones that came with them are usually in good shape again 304. But sometimes the crossover burner weld which holds the middle tube falls off and then the cross over tube are in bad shape. But the new Weber ones I’ve seen lately literally disintegrate when you touch them a magnet will stick to them too not sure if our weather is more extreme here. Just don’t want to be spending 50 bucks every two seasons.

I bought the same burners Bruce bought they are not available anymore and I have had no issues we did get them for $14 bucks at the time but the other branded burners have gone up. https://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00I9SFTNI/tvwb-20

I am now calling this the Bruce effect similar to the grates he found for $30 bucks of which he told everyone about and the price, since they went out and bought multiple sets went to $50 bucks or whatever. :cool:

Yah, seems all the aftermarket weber stuff is going up. Grates burners and flavorizer bars all seem to have taken a hike since this spring. I was getting a sweet deal on Silver B SS flavorizer bars and burners sets for $40. They went up to $59 and have stayed there. I sure is cutting into my rehab profits.

Last edited:
Yea ironically I think I got a set of those hongsos for like 14-18$ as well and I was amazed that a magnet didn’t stick to them.

Last edited:
Geez you cannot even let a simple joke come through here. Come on Chris! I am a political Eunuch IOW I just flat think they're all awful. Need to loosen up a little LOL

Yeah, I guess so. Guess I'll hafta sit in the corner :D

In the old days might have to hit your fingers with the bamboo switch or rattan switch can't remember of course you will end up in court for that now sitting in the corner for 5 minutes is probably okay actually not sure that is okay these days either. :eek:

Nah the nuns would sneak up behind us and whack us with a very thick square yardstick. Caught my fair share of nun's wrath. :D

Geez you cannot even let a simple joke come through here. Come on Chris! I am a political Eunuch IOW I just flat think they're all awful. Need to loosen up a little LOL

Sorry, nothing personal, but my years of forum moderation have taught me that it's important to nip political comment of any kind in the bud. You'd be surprised how "simple jokes" or even the most innocuous comment about a politician can spiral out of control. Better that we avoid such conversation all together. So many wonderful barbecuing and grilling topics to discuss! Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Ahhh no worries I was just kinda chiding you anyway. I know what you mean. I hate all the sides so I am never offended LOL. But I know what you mean

Chris: Any chance we could get a "chat room" added to the forums? They have that on another forum I frequent and it is always visible in a side pain and it allows members to chit chat about virtually anything. It goes a long way to keep the non grill related and off color stuff out of the permanent forum threads.

Sorry, nothing personal, but my years of forum moderation have taught me that it's important to nip political comment of any kind in the bud. You'd be surprised how "simple jokes" or even the most innocuous comment about a politician can spiral out of control. Better that we avoid such conversation all together. So many wonderful barbecuing and grilling topics to discuss! Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Chris,
For my two cents while I know Larry was only kidding I do really appreciate that this forum is upbeat, avoids topics of personal conflict (if you don’t count differing opinions on grills:D), and that it is family friendly. I am not a big social media person, in part because I don’t want to deal with profanity laden vitriol and other hateful comments. I am sure it is not always easy, but we appreciate what you do to make this great forum available to Weber grill fans to enjoy grilling, grills and helping each other.

Jon

Chris: Any chance we could get a "chat room" added to the forums?
Short Answer: Very unlikely.

Long Answer: In the previous software we used to use, there was a chat room function and we tried it for a while, but the complaint was that there was never anyone in the chat room to chat with!

In vBulletin 4, our current software, there's no built-in chat feature, but it can be added via a third-party plug-in. The problem is that most of these plug-ins are not supported and they may affect performance or cause wiggy behavior. Of course, performance issues can be a problem with any plug-in, which is why I try to avoid them and just go with the basic, supported functionality provided by vBulletin.

Back