piri piri chicken

Anne M.

TVWBB Pro
Just one of my recent cooks on my old 47 cm Weber

Wings and legs are in a marinade of paprika powder, smoked paprika powder, fish sauce, red wine vinegar, piri piri powder, garlic and my secret ingredient
aP3erM6l.jpg

The secret ingredient ;)
SmXFlFil.jpg

Getting the kettle ready, while my dinner partner watches if all goes OK
2ifKfVEl.jpg

They are on the braai and almost ready:
Sz8V4nxl.jpg

And ready to eat
MqLEw7al.jpg

Definitely one of by better experiments. Nice and moist with crispy skin and bit of a bite.

Anne;
That chicken looks REALLY good! Just goes to show, you don't need the "latest and greatest" equipment to have great food. As that old quote goes, "It is not the bow and arrow, it's the Indian"... (to explain, "It's not the equipment, it's the chef";)).

Keep on smokin',
Dale53:wsm:

Boy, that chicken sure looks tasty Anne. Not sure I've seen any piri pirp powder around these parts, but I'd sure like to give that a try.

Looks terrific Anne!
An amazing kettle you have, never seen one stand on 2 legs before. :)

Funny that!
Didn't notice it before, but it looks like it in the picture.....
It really is 3 legs, made out of conduit pipe

Cliff: you could use any type of chili powder (as long as it is just chili's). This time I had piri piri powder, quite often I just use ground dried home grown chili's.

That bottle of vodka contains home grown chili's, first dried, then left to infuse the vodka

Cliff: you could use any type of chili powder (as long as it is just chili's). This time I had piri piri powder, quite often I just use ground dried home grown chili's.

That bottle of vodka contains home grown chili's, first dried, then left to infuse the vodka

Thanks Anne. It was rather ironic that this mornings Parade (Sunday newspaper insert) has a recipe for Piri Peri. It's spelled Peri but sounds like the same thing. Also, I was wondering about the hue on your vodka. :)

Yeah,
piri piri, peri peri, pili pili: it's all more or less the same.
Very popular is Southern to central Africa. Though to have originated from the former Portuguese colony of Mozambique

The secret ingredient ;)

SmXFlFil.jpg

Definitely one of by better experiments. Nice and moist with crispy skin and bit of a bite.
That's what mine is missing.

I've loosely followed this recipe, however I added Paprika to it

7Zhfzpa.jpg

I was looking for some serious bite, I think this might do the trick...?

20gYnkH.jpg

I made approx a 1/2 cup, knowing it would have to be cut (with olive oil) I have a batch marinading as I write. I wish I saw this thread earlier, especially now knowing the secret sauce :)

j2SQ9Xu.jpg

I only hope mine comes out half as good as yours Anne

Looking good sofar!

I like adding some paprika powder (and a bit of smoked paprika). It sort of intensifies the colour and flavour (and you will get beautiful red fingers while eating ;) )

Back