Chicken Liver Pizza using Western lump

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Leftover chicken livers from Cracker Barrel, ranch dressing, cherry tomatoes from the garden, Provel cheese, and some splashes of Tabasco.

Thought it would be good, and it was very good.
Used the Western lump from Walmart again, two char-baskets about half filled.
Once again, some sparking at light up, some light blue non offensive smelling smoke that totally stopped after it was going good. Plenty of heat from a pretty small amount of coal.
Looks like I'll buy another bag while it's still in stock, the local WM's inventory was 200 bags a couple days ago, now it's about 100.

Good looking pizza! Can't say as I'm fond of chicken livers....

Can't find Western lump around here. For that matter, the local Walmarts have limited their outdoor cooking inventory to bare bones.

Bob, that should be next years Valentine's present for Jo. Looks and sounds delicious. I've never tried chicken livers, but my wife likes them. Maybe one day. I got two bags of the western lump but haven't had the opportunity to try it. Hopefully soon.

Last edited:
I like chicken livers in dirty rice and things like that. There were 2 old guys I used to work with that would order fried gizzards and livers from this chicken joint in town. One would get gizzards and one would get livers. I don't know how many times I heard the phrase "You're either a gizzard man, or a liver man, but not both" I'm pretty sure that's not true, but I heard it once a week for years.

CHICKEN LIVERS! Well not my cup of tea but if you say it was good I guess it was. :p Sans the livers the rest sounds great.
When we went back to Cali this weekend I found two more bags at Walmart for $7.88 and snatched them.

Back