Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 Genesis II Gas Grill Changes

2019 Genesis II Gas Grill Changes

Weber is making big changes to the Genesis II line for 2019.

• Eliminating 2-burner and 6-burner models. Genesis II will now be exclusively 3- and 4-burner grills. You'll have to buy Spirit II for a 2-burner grill or a Summit for a 6-burner grill. This makes sense to me and greatly simplifies the decision process when buying.
    • Eliminating all LX models; now categorized as Genesis II E, SE, and S.
    • Base models have the open cart design; enamel storage enclosure and SS lid/storage enclosure is essentially an option on base grills without all the other LX features.
    • Changes to side table design.
    • SS Flavorizer bars standard on all models.
    • Bringing back dedicated Sear Station burner (requires side burner).
    • Upgraded SS grates and handle light on Special Edition grills for Alliance dealers, Ace, etc.

I'll publish more details as they become available.

Apparently no changes to the Q, Spirit or Summit lines. Also, no changes to charcoal grills.

TVWBB Member
    Thanks for the info Chris.

Weber still not updating their Summit line?

Not for 2019. Gotta be 2020, right?

Interesting for sure. We sold a lot of 2 burner's at our store, but maybe they don't want the crossover with the Spirit line? Personally I'd rather sell a 2 burner Genesis than either Spirit, but oh well. On the other hand, the 6 burner LX grills definitely hurt our Summit sales, so I guess as a dealer we give a little to get a little.

Yea I think the Summit is definitely due for a revamp in 2020.

Chris,

Thanks for the early news. Those changes actually make sense. The two and six burner models definitely confused the issue vs Spirit and Summit. I am glad they are keeping the open cart option, and I believe that previously dropping the sear burner was a marketing mistake. I wonder if you are saying that it will now be a separate side station as on some other brands vs. an “extra” burner to step up the heat on one side of the grill.

I hope when they do revamp the Summit line they make it less heavy and cumbersome and much more rust resistant.
    Genesis Platinum Silver C Q1200"Flat-top" 26 Kettle Red,Black 22s Black '74 18, SJ. Projects: Skyline & 2 many others!

So will any of the new Genesis have the closed-door design? Or will they all be open-bottom; propane on the side? The doors give it such a nice clean look. But I heard that even with doors, the current models still have the propane on the side? Is this true? I guess at the end of the day if it doesn't get in your way, it doesn't matter. Easier to change. And it's covered when not in use any way.
    Last edited by Eddie R Chicago; 08-22-2018 at 09:14 AM.

Is there any guesstimated timeline when the new models will be available?

Eddie, from what I've heard there will be options for either open cart or cabinet style design. And look for the new models to become available sometime after October 1st, but not sure if dealers will bring them in this fall or next spring.

Thanks!! I look forward to them. I had an older Performer which I already sold and am keeping my Q until the new ones arrive. Originally I was leaning towards a 2 burner Spirit which would suffice since my Q works in our small family of three, but after seeing the 3 burner grills, I think I am leaning towards the new Genesis 3 burner now. Just to have that extra space if need be.

Do you know when the catalog is coming out? Before October 1st I presume?

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie R Chicago View Post
    Thanks!! I look forward to them. I had an older Performer which I already sold and am keeping my Q until the new ones arrive. Originally I was leaning towards a 2 burner Spirit which would suffice since my Q works in our small family of three, but after seeing the 3 burner grills, I think I am leaning towards the new Genesis 3 burner now. Just to have that extra space if need be.

Do you know when the catalog is coming out? Before October 1st I presume?
    I don't think a new catalog will be out until next spring. I just know that Weber's fiscal year runs from 10/1-9/30, so any new introductions are not available to order until after 10/1. This doesn't mean that they will definitely be available come 10/1. Last year the new Spirit's didn't start shipping out until mid January.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast