Chevy vs Chevy

I have seen this video and I think "what's the point?" Why ruin a beautiful classic just to prove the point?! Those old cars should be preserved not wrecked to prove some point that nearly 60 years after the fact doesn't matter. What are the odds you're going to crash into a 1950's anything?

What a waste, there is no good reason to destroy a vintage car like that. Especially a 59 bel air, there isn't to many of those left. Unless you have been living in a cave it's obvious a new car with crumple zones, air bags and all the other safety features will come better than an older car.

I have seen this video and I think "what's the point?" Why ruin a beautiful classic just to prove the point?! Those old cars should be preserved not wrecked to prove some point that nearly 60 years after the fact doesn't matter. What are the odds you're going to crash into a 1950's anything?

It was an eye-opening experience, but I agree about preserving a priceless car. It took guts to ram that thing into oblivion, although I thought the added weight, thicker metal, and a full frame chassis would have held up better than that.

I agree destroying a classic is wasteful, disgraceful, but you would be surprised how many people believe older cars are safer cars.

Well, I guess they can salvage it for parts.

Makes one wonder, with today's body shops, if they can rebuild the Bel-Air, and make it better than before.

I had a 58 Ford Fairlane 500 two door in high school, it was just shy of two tons. One of the odd features was the hood opened from the back not the front and there wasn't a safety latch to keep if from opening unless it was released.
Some yo-yo pulled an illegal left in front of me in a 65 Mustang and I t-boned him at about 45 mph. The hood popped up at the back and came through the windshield like a giant hatchet and hit me in the chin which took twenty stitches to close up.
Really a bad design as far as safety goes but that big old ford about cut that Mustang in half right behind the front seats, luckily the driver wasn't hurt.

Oh yeah, back in 2001 I had a nice 93 Plymouth Grand Voyager I really loved. Had a tow package yanked my boat around perfectly. Well some dumb 16 yo girl had keys to her boyfriend's brand new rustang convertible without his knowledge. So she's out driving around and decides to make a left turn against a red arrow, wife is coming opposite direction in the van. She (girl) is looking in the console for cigarettes not seeing my wife. Turns right in front of her wife T-Bones that stang and HARD. The stang was bent in half literally, thrown about 150' into a bank parking lot. Passenger door was caved all the way into the driver seat. There was only 10" between the right door and the driver door. Somehow the girl lived. She did get an ambulance ride though. I got there and that stang was full of blood. Looked like a murder took place in it

Forum policy won't let me use the language I truly need to comment on that!
I did pass a fender bender about 15 years ago. A teenage boy driving his dad's 68? Mustang. Beautiful car rear ended a pick up near the speedway.
I lip read the kid saying that "My dad is going to kill me!". :D
LOL, probably!

Back