HELP!! need 1 wheel caster plastic INSERT to frame for Genesis Gold C model # 3261001

MarkSiebel

TVWBB Fan
HELP!! need 1 wheel caster plastic INSERT to frame for 2000 Genesis Gold C model # 3261001

This piece will measure 1.25" x 2.5" The caster wheel is #97112. this insert is BIGGER than the plastic insert for the standard 1000's (#65936/6414)

Let me know if you have an extra? or where I can get one? thx!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
HELP!! need 1 wheel caster plastic INSERT to frame for Genesis Gold C model # 3261001

This piece will measure 1.25" x 2.5" The caster wheel is #97112. this insert is BIGGER than the plastic insert for the standard 1000's (#65936/6414)

Let me know if you have an extra? or where I can get one? thx!!!!!!!!!!

Mark,

Try ereplacements.com you can search by make and model.

Bobby

This appears to be the early 2000s oddball Genesis Gold that used a 3" caster.

The insert number appears to be 97362 which has since been discontinued. The caster itself, while still available, does not come with the insert.

Would the wheels off a Genesis E3xx fit? I know they are significantly larger than Genesis 1000 or Silver series grills. Not sure if the inserts are bigger though.

to dave..yes! unfort. thats what I assumed! I buy tons of 6414 for 1000 restoration..i just didn't think to ask! unfort. now weber no longer makes this caster insert!!! uggg..time to fabricate

For those that need a visual of what Mark is going through... take a look at the 2000-2001 Gold where the caster is:

00g0g_7S8zddynp5h_1200x900.jpg

See that leg on the left? It's HUGE. No, a regular caster insert is not going to fit.

JKIM: thanks for that photo. It makes it a lot easier to know exactly what we are dealing with here. Yah, that leg is clearly not the standard 1000/Silver B frame leg. I have never come across a weber with that kind of frame. That is one pretty grill.

Is it just me or is the side table mounted differently. I never payed attention before but now I'm noticing it is mounted to the top of the leg, like it slides in. Same with the side burner. Perhaps that's why the legs are larger on that model.

If you can't find the insert you could fill the leg with a block of wood (or rubber / bondo / epoxy) & drill it out for the caster's pin.

Clint...GOOD CALL! that is my next step if need be...I'll use some hard oak wood, and gorilla glue for good measure!! ALSO: here is before/and after 1st wash! overall, grill in great shape!! I'll post final pics when I'm done painting it.....

8.18%20queen%20creek._zpsorg9xjjk.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:

Back