Weber Gas Grill Replacement Wooden Cart

Garrett-Bulldog

Has anyone attempted to replace the cart of a Weber gas grill with a wooden cart? I got a '09 Weber Spitrt 2 Burner for pretty cheap on FB. The burners still work, but it needs new grates and flavorizer bars.

Also, the cart is not in the best condition, particularly the back and bottom panel. So has anyone gone this route? Ideally, it would be nice to have one cart for the spirit and kettle together.

Pic of the grill
Bey2NZCDyZaASsGyqE5QZsgcs6rG4jp-0g2_Io1Qg5c1SKxz-ex0EDvKKVveOxGcu-pkUINRu2uiDLo3PZqoxRuZdiVk8iiUIIYkQPd5odOBXtPdYelYCOl5tg2-2jUvrBLqkNAib766zicEK-J4JONghzHn17d15S9VRXftQfBimAQkOTebVjQpPiH9kWKVVjgCBzL00k_fHXnugY2s80L8TdB_bB3qsSNAmAug_cLM6F2qa7MeeL2OdpPiRMU6NBC5z2hpwhTbTQ2T_-XddaNCirdNT41lCUq4rDvli9-srgz5hBQrlNNuGXqCaoKnuDA0MXUZKNa8lnhgIVlGN3DAYLMh9P9zfVw3S0aZuv8aZlJUPq9pZjpGP4kAJbVvWxVtKwj52lTBJx05I4dW3msYJ6lkf3blraq-ekgk52vkdibZuhalVm1_ns6YppmRyJ2PtyBgojoj4EF8DoeN-G9Yox2Ks_LkS5CEAroWIi_VKwFR9URJDvLC0EISh8D4AfF9uwCTa-fsSlUpfuIqPUQh-6SHvXGktSZP_LRWtwhRZpDHRxjp42L0PKNNB53lM2tyxt62aajZGQqMh0e4lYjBv6zyrziAb008p-b3=w702-h936-no

I would think you could scavenge a Genesis Silver A cart for this. The grill body is about the same

I agree this would be ideal but older Weber gas grills are never for sale in my area. Which is kind of the reason I got this one, even though its not great

With some square tubing stock I bet one could easily be built. It's not like the old Weber carts were a technological marvel or anything. You could maybe scrounge enough hardware from the current cart and make it pretty nice (especially if you know how to weld or have a friend who does)

That's true. I could go from a closed cabinet to an open cart, and replace the bottom panel with some sheet metal. The actual frame isn't in terrible shape, as far as rust goes.

Back