Thai Thighs and Sides

Cliff Bartlett

R.I.P. 5/17/2021
Did another Thai cook last night. Kind of a crazy night. Had Thai chicken lined up with Thai Rice noodles and even Thai corn. I jokingly thought now if only "Ty" Blach (SF Giants Pitcher) can come through and shut down the Pirates, it'd be a perfect night. They didn't and it was anything but a perfect night. Just as I was getting ready to put the chicken on my wife became ill and had to call the doctor. After she talked to him, things settled down and I was able to finish the cook, albeit a little late. The whole thing just about went in the trash. Things are fine this morning and here's the few pic's I managed to take.

I marinated the thighs for 9 hours in soy sauce, fish sauce, olive oil, brown sugar, cilantro, minced ginger and minced garlic.

[
enhance

Earlier in the day I sweated out some red bell pepper, green bell pepper, couple of carrots and some snap peas. Set aside under some foil for later.

enhance

Threw on the thighs over some direct heat.

enhance

Gave them a flip for an additional three minutes or so.

enhance

Threw some garlic in the mix while re-warming the veggies. Got the thighs over some indirect.

enhance

Grilled the corn after brushing them with coconut milk, soy sauce, brown sugar, sriracha, lime juice, lime zest and cilantro.

enhance

Mixed in the noodles. I had just boiled them on the stovetop.

enhance

After removing corn from grill, I rolled each ear in ground salted peanuts.

enhance

Plated after a long day!

enhance

Anyway, got through the cook. Everything was really tasty, particularly the chicken and the noodles. I really liked the corn too but my wife didn't care for it that much. Hope you all are having a great weekend. Thanks for looking.

Last edited:
Your Thai thighs and sides look spectacular, Cliff! Glad to hear that your wife is doing fine.

Looks spectacular - all of it, but especially that corn.

Glad everything has settled down and hoping everyone is feeling well.

Heck, I wish I could get THROUGH to the doctor on the phone!
The title almost sounds like a tongue twister! I’ll bet it was a tongue pleaser!
Glad it’s all working out with health issues.

Last edited:
That looks awesome Cliff, never in my wildest dreams would I have thought to roll corn in crushed peanuts tbh. I have lived a very sheltered life it would seem, and this cook makes me want to expand!

Last edited:

Back